Easter in Melbourne 2023: Hop To It!
This year there are heaps of family-friendly Easter events happening in Melbourne and surrounds between Friday 7 April to Monday 10 April 2023.
Note that some events are free, some require tickets and pre-booking – so hop to it!
Note that Easter is in the middle of the Victorian Autumn school holidays, so I've also published listings of school holidays events in Melbourne CBD and school holiday activities in Melbourne's suburbs.
Check here for Victorian school holidays and public holiday dates.
When is Easter 2023?
Easter is on Friday 7 April to Monday 10 April 2023.
Easter events in Melbourne – Table of contents
MELBOURNE Easter EVENTS
Easter Events in Melbourne – CBD / DOCKLANDS
- Easter at Queen Victoria Market (Sat 8 Apr – Thu 20 Apr) – Meet the Easter bunny, explore the Market with your kids Passport or take part in the FREE kids school holiday activities.
Easter Events in Melbourne – NORTH / NORTH-EAST
- Meet Peter Rabbit + MORE Easter fun! (Sun 2 Apr) – Meet and greet Peter Rabbit, enjoy Easter-themed face-painting and join in some awesome giveaways!
- Easter Scavenger Hunt Preston Market (Sat 8 Apr) – Join in to enjoy some egg-stra fun activities such as free colouring and more at their activity station.
- Little Explorer Wednesdays Easter Eddition (Wed 5 Mar) – Bunny ears craft PLUS a visit from the Easter Bunny!
- Sydney Road Brunswick Easter pop-up (TBA) – Enjoy Easter themed kid’s crafts, face painting, the Easter bunny and of course, chocolate!
Easter Events in Melbourne – SOUTH / SOUTH-EAST / BAYSIDE
- St Kilda Playgroup Easter Fun Day (Sat 1 Apr) – Enjoy a day of fun activities with St Kilda Playgroup! Bunnies, chocolate and friends, this is all you need to celebrate Easter!
- Busy Bodies Easter Edition (Mon 3 Apr) – Enjoy some Easter Cooking in this FREE activity sessions for pre-school aged children.
- Easter Bunny & Royal High Tea (Thu 6 Apr – Sat 8 Apr) – Enjoy a Mini mani, Mini pedi, meet & Greet the Easter Bunny, Easter Eggs, games, & delicious High Tea.
- Berwick Easter Fair Egg Hunt (Fri 7 Apr) – Kids can run, play and laugh as they hunt for rainbow Easter eggs to receive a prize for their gatherings.
- Jetty Road Easter Festival (Fri 7 Apr) – This family-friendly event will have something for everyone, with great food and fresh brews along with live acoustic music to face painting for the kids.
- Melbourne Easter Show (Fri 7 Ap – Sun 9 Apr) – Join us at Dromana Estate for a fun-filled day out with a wide range of children’s activities, interactive demonstrations, roving entertainers, carnival rides, Easter Egg Hunts and much, much more!
- Easter Cup Race Day Caulfield (Sat 8 Apr) – Easter egg hunt, face painting, kids activities.
- Easter Long Weekend (Sat 8 Apr – Sun 9 Apr) – Join in this Easter Long weekend for a celebration of the changing season and an a-maze-ing Easter Egg hunt!
- The Great Luna Park Easter Egg Hunt (Sat 8 Apr – Sun 9 Apr) – Meet the Easter Bunny and join the egg hunts for over 30,000 Chocolatier eggs for kids of all ages.
- Mornington Easter Race Day (Sat 9 Apr) – have a family day out, with kids entry free
Easter Events in Melbourne – EAST
- Mini & Me Easter Story Time at Eastland (Fri 31 Mar) – Join Sarah from Realm Library and get lost in the world of stories, songs and rhymes.
- Giant Easter Egg Hunt (Wed 5 Apr) – All kindergarten children and toddlers are invited to attend our annual Giant Easter Egg Hunt on Wednesday 5th April at 9:30am.
- Easter Egg Hunts at Yarra Valley Chocolaterie (Fri 7 Apr – Sun 8 Apr) – Little hunters ages 12 and under will search for hidden clues throughout the grounds that will allow them to redeem a special Easter Gift Box from the Easter Bunny!
- Hawthorn Hotel Easter Weekend (Fri 7 Apr – Mon 10 Apr) – Easter themed cocktails and desserts all long weekend, free kids ice cream with any kids meal across the long weekend and live bands on Good Friday & Easter Saturday nights.
- Heritage Easter Egg Hunt (Sat 8 Apr) – Hunt for chocolate Easter eggs in the garden at Schwerkolt Cottage. You can then explore food on the farm on the heritage hunt.
- Easter Lunch & Egg Hunt Balgownie Estate (Sun 9 Apr) – Enjoy a delicious lunch buffet while taking in the breathtaking scenery. The kids will have a blast participating in our annual Easter Egg hunt.
- Easter Bunny SkyHigh Mt Dandenong (Tue 11 Apr – Thu 20 Apr) – Easter Bunny is handing out eggs on Easter Sunday from 10am to 12pm. Every day there’s so much happening; meet animals up close, take part in treasure hunts, enjoy a pony ride, watch the stilt walkers or play mini golf.
- Tesselaar Kabloom Easter Rabbit Hunt (Fri 7 Apri – Tue 11 Apr) – This year our Easter Hunt is all new and instead of hunting eggs, you will be hunting rabbits! This is a scavenger hunt for all ages and prize includes a fluffy, cuddly bunny and eight Cadbury eggs.
- Easter Hunt Warratina Lavender Farm (Sat 8 Apr – Sun 9 Apr) – Go Hunting for Easter eggs Easter Bunny stamped on their hand on arrival and handed a map of our farm to go hunting! There are 4 egg tokens to search for, and once all are found, kids will receive a bunch of chocolate eggs, of all sizes to enjoy.
- Blue Lotus Farm (Sat 8 Apr – Mon 10 Apr) – Easter egg hunt, interactive show performance and more!
- Giant Easter Egg Hunt Chirnside Park (Sat 8 Apr) – egg hunt, inflatables, face painting, sausage sizzle.
- Auburn Hotel Easter Long Weekend (Fri 7 Apr – Mon 10 Apr) – petting zoo, face painting, kids entertainers. Plus, an appearance from the Easter Bunny and Easter egg hunt from 12-2pm.
- Easter Bunny Warratina Lavender Farm (Wed 12 Apr – Sun 23 Apr) – Go Hunting for Easter eggs Easter Bunny stamped on their hand on arrival and handed a map of our farm to go hunting! There are 4 egg tokens to search for, and once all are found, kids will receive a bunch of chocolate eggs, of all sizes to enjoy.
Easter Events in Melbourne – WEST
- Easter Movie Night (Sat 1 Apr) – Sit back and relax with the family to enjoy a special outdoor movie screening of Hop. Watch the adventures of E.B, Easter Bunny’s son as he runs a way to Los Angeles.
- Hop around Sunbury (Sat 1 Apr) – Pick up your Easter goodies by presenting the map at participating Sunbury businesses to collect your Easter gift
- Kids Easter Day (Sat 1 Apr) – Hop On Over to Overnewton Castle for Kids Easter, free gifts and a Bonnet Parade!
- Pre-Easter Sunday Kids Funday (Sun 2 Apr) – Hop into Eynesbury for an egg-citing Pre-Easter Funday! Join in ENORMOUS hunt(s) with 10,000 eggs to find (starting at 1pm), and the best part? It's FREE!
- Easterville (Sun 2 Apr) – Enjoy Easter Crafts, Face Painting, Easter Egg Hunt, Kids Activities and Entertainment! There will also be a visit from the Easter Bunny!
- Mini Makers – Easter Cooking Workshop (Wed 5 Apr) – Make your own Easter nest with fruit and meringue in this cooking workshop
- Easter Egg Hunt 2023 (Thu 6 Apr) – Bring your little bunnies for a day of fun and excitement as they go on a hunt for Easter eggs. Don't forget to bring your Easter basket and your camera in case you see the Easter Bunny!
- Easter Egg Hunt at the Chocolaterie (Fri 7 Apr – Sat 8 Apr) – Bring four different clues to the Easter Bunnies and each participating child will receive their special Easter Gift Box full of eggs and mini bunnies made by our Chocolatiers.
- Easter Egg hunt in Flemington Shopping Precinct (Sat 8 Apr) – Find the hidden Easter Eggs, complete your activity sheet and then return to Pepper Cafe for a FREE gift!
- Meet the Easter Bunny (Sat 8 Apr) – Be Entertained this Easter, as the Easter Bunny is coming to Brimbank Shopping Centre!
- Moonee Ponds Central Easter Egg Hunt (Thu 6 Apr) – Join in for a fun-filled afternoon searching for chocolate at your fave Moonee Ponds Central stores. Your little bunnies will be given a collection bag and a clues sheet to help find all the Easter Eggs.
- Meet the Easter Bunny Moonee Ponds Central (Sat 8 Apr – Mon 10 Apr) – Come & say hi to the Easter Bunny and enjoy a little chocolate treat.
- Bellarine Railway Easter Train (Fri 7 Apr – Mon 10 Apr) – different activities / timetable each day – ‘Bunny Spotto’ activity, Easter Bonnet comp judged by the Easter Bunny, Egg and Spoon Trail for children and Photo op’s with the Easter Bunny!
- Good Friday Community Fun Day (Fri 7 Apr) – Head to the Flemington & Kensington Bowling Club for barefoot bowling of course, an Easter egg hunt, face-painting, a colouring competition, a monster raffle and more.
This Post Has 0 Comments