From Thursday 26 May until September 2022, you can gather your friends and family to enjoy your own private winter wonderland with stunning water views.
wharf hotel igloos melbourne
The small igloos can fit up to two to eight people and everyone dining inside an igloo must pre-order and prepay for a package. All the igloos are booked for exclusive use for two hours (with 30-minute breaks in between for their strict cleaning regimes to ensure your safety). There is a minimum of 2 adults per booking.
For $59 per adult you’ll receive a grazing board to share inside your winter igloo dining experience.
Feast on Mt Zero marinated olives, Baked brie, garlic pizza bread, Spinach & feta pastizzi, falafel, Squid, and White fish ceviche
A variety of drinks are available, including mulled wine, mulled cider, sloe gin & rosemary hot toddy, espresso martini, house wine or a schooner of beer or cider.
For an additional $20 per person, you can also order boozy hot chocolate and dessert to share.
If you’re dining with kids they can select off the children's menu where every item is $15 and includes a main course and dessert. You can check out the menu here and there are activities on the sheet to keep kids amused (though I'd recommend BYO pens).
The kids enjoy their burgers and the portions are generous. It's a shame that my kids refuse to eat most of the salad!
The Wharf Hotel‘s Igloo Wonderland is open seven days a week, at all times that the hotel is open. Having said that, I think the best time to visit is close to sunset, so that you can appreciate the twinkling lights of the city views.
As there are only a limited number of igloos it’s best to book your igloo ahead of time. If you’d like to make a reservation with kids 12 & under, please call 9810 0097 and their reservation team will gladly help you with your bookings.
For more igloos in Melbourne visit The Winter Village in Federation Square, Auburn Hotel Hawthorn and The Station Hotel Footscray
Tips for Wharf Hotel Igloo Wonderland:
- Pram access;
- High chairs are available, though I don’t see them used inside the igloos;
- There are disabled toilets;
- Book a private igloo for 2-6 guests. Igloos are available 7 days per week at all times that the hotel is open.
- Private igloo guests choose from a $59 grazing board menu. Vegetarian packages available on request;
- Kids can choose to eat from the children’s menu which is $15 for a choice of main and dessert;
- Street parking available at Wilson Parking Sidderley St;
- Nearest train station is Southern Cross Station;
- Alight at stop [x] of the [x] tram;
I hope this post has helped or inspired you! Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to find out more ways for your family to have fun together!