The historic hotel and fancy gastropub in Hawthorn East, across the road from Auburn Station, has installed one large and four igloos for private dining in their back courtyard. The igloos have been super popular in previous years and for this winter are open from Tuesday 24 May 2022 until September 2022.
Winter igloos auburn hotel
You can hire a private igloo with winter-themed food and beverages packages from $69 per adult. The small igloos are quite tightly positioned next to each other but spacious within and fit up to two to six people.
For the three of us – one adult and two kids – there is enough room to spread out and even have a nap!
All the igloos are booked for exclusive use for two hours.
I tried the special $69 igloo package, starting with a choice of an American Honey Bourbon hot toddy cocktail, espresso martini, cherry spritz, glass of house wine, or a pot of tapped beer.
Previously the food has been a generous grazing platter as pictured – during this visit it's a 3-course ‘feed me’ meal with entrée, main & dessert. There are vegetarian and vegan options as well.
Note the menu is subject to change, view the sample menu HERE.
Find Hotels and Airbnbs near The Auburn Hotel, Hawthorn East
If you’re dining with kids they can select off the children's menu, with main courses starting at $10. The kids enjoy their fish, salad, chips and the portions are generous.
If you’re able to reduce the ratio of adults to kids then hiring a private igloo is great value! Note that there is a minimum of 2 adults per booking.
For more igloos in Melbourne visit The Winter Village in Federation Square and The Station Hotel Footscray
Tips for Winter Igloo Garden Auburn Hotel:
- Pram access;
- High chairs are available, though I don’t see them used inside the igloos;
- There are disabled toilets and a change table;
- Book a private igloo for 2-6 guests. Igloos are available 7 days per week at all times that the hotel is open.
- Private igloo guests choose from a $59 set menu. Vegetarian packages available on request;
- Kids can choose to eat from the children’s menu starting at $10;
- Street parking available on Auburn Road and surrounding streets;;
- Nearest train station is Auburn Station
I hope this post has helped or inspired you! Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to find out more ways for your family to have fun together!