What’s on in Melbourne for October 2022
The evenings are getting longer, the weather is warming up and the flowers are in full bloom, which can only mean one thing – October is here!
Melbourne always comes alive in Spring, with a whole host of family-friendly events and activities taking place across the city. From spooky Halloween events to family-friendly festivals, there's something for everyone.
Check out this post to find out what’s on in Melbourne this October!
This post is updated regularly, so check back in to see what’s on in Melbourne today and this weekend, as well as what’s happening for the whole month.
FEATURED EVENT #1
This year's Whitehorse Spring Festival theme of Our Backyard celebrates the community coming together and enjoying the collective backyard we all share – Whitehorse!
Come along to this FREE event and explore over 50 stalls our wonderful community has to offer. Enjoy an exciting mix of live music and dancing with 35 local artists and community groups performing across 5 stages.
Keep the kids entertained all day with free rides, face painting, activities, and a selection of delicious food and treats.
Click here for more information about the Spring Festival Whitehorse
Table of contents
WHAT’S ON MELBOURNE CBD/DOCKLANDS
- Wisdom & Light (Thu 1 Sep – Fri 30 Oct) – Discover the Journey of Venerable Master Hsing Yun And his One Stroke Calligraphy in this multi-sensory digital art experience.
- Neverland Melbourne (Fri 2 Sep – Mon 31 Oct) – Experience the wonder of the Blue Lagoon, climb aboard the Jolly Roger and hang out at the Lost Boys Hideout. Keep an eye out for family sessions as normal sessions are 18+ years.
- Melbourne Fringe Festival (Wed 5 Oct – Sun 30 Oct) – Back with a bold and boisterous program of art, enjoy various programs, events and shows specially made for the enjoyment of kids!
- Tingle Tangle (Thu 6 Oct) – An interactive, movement workshop where babies and carers will move through a play space, meet other babies, listen to music and sounds, and play with textured objects and fabrics.
- Prehysterical (Sat 8 Oct) – An action-packed hour of incredible circus by multi-award winning artists
- Monski Mouse’s Baby Disco Dance Hall (Sat 8 Oct – Sun 23 Oct) – Why toddle when you can dance? Join Monski Mouse and her dancers for this bopping blast.
- Yummy: The Kids Extravaganza (Sun 9 Oct) – YUMMY are back with their first-ever kids show! With jaw-dropping circus and signature campery, this hilarious story about following your dreams will give you the kids cabaret you never knew you were missing
- What Animal Other Than Human Are You? (Sun 9 Oct) – In collaboration with their parent/carer, kids will create a couple of small ‘busts’ with polymer clay which will be baked for them to take home.
- Percussion Palooza (Sun 9 Oct) – Directed by Dr Nicholas Williams, the University of Melbourne Wind Symphony presents a palooza of percussion you won’t want to miss!
- ARC by Erth (Sat 15 Oct – Sun 16 Oct) – ARC presents intimate, magical encounters with rare and vulnerable species, raising important questions about our collective and individual relationship with nature and loss.
- Pregnancy Babies & Children's Expo (Sat 15 Oct – Sun 16 Oct) – Discover all you need to know from bump, to birth and beyond at the Pregnancy Babies & Children's Expo.
- Threads (Sat 15 Oct – Sun 16 Oct) – Children and their adults are welcomed into an intriguing world to connect and play together.
- Fringe Parade & Lygon St Block Party (Sat 15 Oct) – Come and march for the arts at Melbourne's largest celebration of independent art.
- Melbourne Boat Show (Thu 20 Oct – Sun 23 Oct) – From fishing boats to cruising yachts, paddle boats to jetskis, the Melbourne Boat Show is your opportunity to discover your boating lifestyle with the best and brightest in boating, watercraft and marine tech.
- Antipodes Festival (Sat 22 Oct – Sun 23 Oct) – Melbourne’s largest Greek cultural celebration with over 90 stalls, 3 free entertainment stages, roving performers, children’s rides and activities, and more
- Victorian Festival of Diwali (Mon 24 Oct – Sat 29 Oct) – Experience the traditional and contemporary cultural feast of India through soul-stirring music, the theatre and drama of Indian cinema, breathtaking dance performances, craft and yoga/meditation workshops, henna painting, a bustling bazaar and authentic Indian street food.
- SUPER EFFECTIVE! (Sat 29 Oct) – Super Effective! is a concert celebrating the spectacular world of Pokémon. Join in journeying across 26 years of history and revel in the fun and nostalgia of your favourite mainline Pokémon games.
- Early Harvest Book Launch: When One World Ends (Sat 29 Oct) – Join 100 Story Building for a free public book launch event of the latest edition of Early Harvest. The event will be an interactive storytelling celebration where participants will delve into their doomsday imaginations through stories, games, activities, and more.
- Arriba Melbourne Mexican Festival (Fri 28 Oct – Sun 30 Oct) – Celebrate Mexican Heritage and Culture in Melbourne, Australia with lots of food, drinks and entertainment!
- Melbourne International Dumpling Festival (Mon 31 Oct) – travel the world by dumpling at this delicious and culinary-packed FREE festival dedicated to dumplings from around the world.
- The Children’s Sensorium (Until Thu 8 Oct) – an interactive exhibition featuring light, colour, touch, sound, smell and taste
- RUNAWAY Festival Park (Until Sun 30 Oct) – a boutique festival playground and home of spectacular cabaret, laugh-out-loud comedy, new and experimental circus, and the very best in kids-only entertainment.
- A Wizardry High Tea (Until Sun 27 Nov) – An enchanting high tea event, with interactive roaming characters for the whole family to enjoy. Plus, twilight guests will be treated to wicked Cursed Cocktails!
- The District Makers Market (Until Sun 27 Nov) – creative and colourful market stalls showcasing a variety of art, craft, jewellery, homewares, gifts and artisanal produce last Sunday of the month.
- Imaginaria (Until Sun 6 Nov 2022) – Fully interactive bespoke sounds, scents and lights activate in response to your movement as you walk, slide and glide through the dreamlike landscapes. Walk into a giant inflatable bubble, navigate a futuristic light maze or jump into a cosmic abyss. Imaginaria Review
- Islands (Until Sun 27 Nov) – Escape to a surreal desert island in this interactive exhibition.
- Making Art: Imagine Everything is Real (Until Oct 9) – Enjoy a range of hands-on activities and multimedia experiences inspired by methods of working invented by some of the leading European artists included in the exhibition. Making Art: Imagine Everything is Real Review
- Wild About Babies Docklands (Until November 2022) – A free exhibit featuring 20 life-sized endangered baby animal statues with the purpose of building awareness for vulnerable species everywhere.
- Wizard’s Den (Until Sat 31 Dec) – an escape room-like experience that will take you on an adventure into a world of fantasy, magic, riddles, science and boozy potions!
- Potion Putt (Until 31 Jan) – A crazy golf course inspired by famous fantasy and fiction Wizards where you can test your magic & wizarding putt putt skills.
- Docklands Community Market (2nd & 4th Sunday of each month) – Grab your early morning coffee, enjoy a lovely stroll & support your local producers at this lovely market.
- Arts Centre Sunday Market (Sundays) – find unique, quirky and handmade items at the stalls. There are always some yummy treats too!
- The Story of the Moving Image (ongoing) – Journey through the past, present and future of the moving image through interactive experiences, digital innovation and captivating stories. Story of the Moving Image ACMI Review.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (ongoing) – see the award-winning production of the sequel to the Harry Potter series playing exclusively in Melbourne. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Review.
- Storytime by State Library Victoria (Mondays) – Share the delight of stories, songs and picture books with your preschooler on Wednesdays at the Library. State Library of Victoria Review.
- Queen Street Plaza (Sundays) – find a rotating line-up of delicious street food, live music and entertainment, every Sunday from 9 am.
- Shrine Kids (Daily) – The Shrine of Remembrance is the National War Memorial of Victoria and it makes for an educational (and sobering) outing for families. Shrine Kids Review.
- Melbourne Book Market (Saturdays & Sundays) – curated collection of more than 5,000 new and pre-loved titles selected and presented by 15 of Melbourne’s most experienced booksellers.
- Halloween Pumpkin Hunt in Eltham Town – On Saturday, 29 October, from 7:00 AM-2:00 PM, get a map and hunt for the Halloween Pumpkins in Eltham Town.
- Watsyvania – This year, Watsyvania IV's Halloween activities are as equally spooky as the last but with the exception that this year, all of their fun and frightening will all be held online and for free!
- Halloween at The Old Cheese Factory (31 Oct) – Come on over to The Old Cheese Factory Berwick dressed in your spookiest gear as the location will turn into a spine-chillingly fun Halloween playground where kids and their parents or carers can enjoy a range of activities, entertainment, roving characters and music!
- Sk8house Halloween Spooky Skate – Lace on your spookiest pair of skates and head on over to Sk8house on the 29th of October for their Sk8house Halloween Spooky Skate Event which will be filled with music, fun games & skating.
- Halloween Pumpkin Hunt In Flemington Shopping Precinct – Free children’s activities and live music will be available on Pin Oak Crescent on Saturday, 22 October 2022 from 11 pm until 2 pm.
- HallowScream (31 Oct) – Get ready for spooktacular fun at Montsalvat this Halloween as you enjoy a load of bone-chillingly fun activities such as fortune reading, face painting, free kids activities, games, scary stories and more
- Science Gallery Melbourne (until 03 December) creates exhibitions with young people for young people, and the newest exhibition ‘SWARM’ is no exception. ‘SWARM’ aims to discover the intrinsic nature of human behaviour and uncover what drives us to be the social creatures that we are.
WHAT’S ON – MELBOURNE’S NORTH / NORTH-EAST
- Playful Parklet (Sat 1 Oct) – Experience a pop-up urban play festival in a parklet. Follow the program to join live music games, playful chalk creatures, how to parkour, urban play school, AR, PSOs, a robotics ensemble, and a seaweed library.
- Resonate (Until Dec 2022) – a series of unique local and family-friendly live music events happening in Brunswick, Coburg and beyond.
- Saltbush (Wed 5 Oct – Sat 8 Oct) – an immersive and interactive journey through Australia’s First Nations culture.
- Special Event: Wild Things by Sally Rippin (Thu 6 Oct) – Special Event celebrating Sally Rippin's Wild Things, in conversation with Gisela Ervin-Ward!
- Fairfield Family Fun Day (Sun 9 Oct) – Join the Fairfield Traders Association for a Community Family Fun Day. Enjoy inflatables, rides, face painting and an animal farm at this FREE event.
- Big Fish Little Fish Melbourne (Sun 9 Oct) – a fun event that brings something of a dance music festival atmosphere to families. Read the review
- Dog Lovers Show (Fri 14 Oct – Sun 16 Oct) – one of the largest festivals in the world dedicated to educating, entertaining and inspiring dog lovers
- Our Great Fete (Sat 15 Oct) – So much fun to be had there will be loads of rides for all ages, sweet to savoury food and drinks, and various stalls which are sure to have something for everyone.
- Fringe Parade & Lygon St Block Party (Sat 15 Oct) – Come and march for the arts at Melbourne's largest celebration of independent art.
- Kids Book Fest (Sun 16 Oct) – Join in for the biggest book festival for our littlest readers! Enjoy free face painting, circus performers, bookmark making and more
- The Little Nest Workshop (Sun 16 Oct) – In this workshop, sound artist Steph O’Hara invites children and their carers to explore imagined visual and sonic worlds, designing and building their own ‘nest'.
- Sunset Twilight Markets (Sun 16 Oct) – Enjoy live music, roaming performers, curated stallholders offering a variety of unique products and wares and more
- Queens Berry Cup (Sat 22 Oct) – a street festival and a celebration of the diverse communities of North Melbourne and West Melbourne.
- Children's Week Celebration Event 2022 (Sat 22 Oct) – Bayside residents and families are invited to a morning of fun and celebration.
- Pram People (Sat 22 Oct – Sun 23 Oct) – follow curious and wonderful prompts through headphones, secret messages and even other participants. Performers will delight and intrigue, adding to the fun as families weave amongst and around each other.
- Daybreak Festival (Sun 23 Oct) – Daybreak Festival is back and will be taking over the entire Sacred Heart precinct. Featuring four sound and art stages, 18 pop-up market stalls and a selection of some of the finest local food and drink.
- Sapling School, Porneet Season (Sat 29 Oct) – Tailored for children aged 3-5 years old, Sapling School is designed to introduce the principles of sustainability and permaculture to children at a young age.
- Teeny Tiny SteviesAt Coburg Lake (Sun 30 Oct) – ARIA Award winning children’s entertainers Teeny Tiny Stevies will headline amongst the lush surrounds of Coburg Lake on Sunday October 30.
- Sesame Street Circus Spectacular (Until Sun 9 Oct) – A 90-minute Circus Spectacular featuring everyone's favourite Sesame Street Characters.
- Interspecies and Other Others (Until Sun 2 Oct) – See the gardens and architecture of national heritage-listed Abbotsford Convent be transformed through a dynamic, free program of video and sound art, sculpture, installation and performance.
- Trick or Treat at Keilor Central (30 Oct) – For Halloween this year, Keilor Central has prepared a special Halloween Trick or Trick or Treat Spook-a-rama which will feature free trick or treating throughout the whole centre, along with free face painting, craft activities, a bag of treats, and for the parents, free coffee!
- SWARM (Until Sat 3 Dec) – Through a series of collaborative exhibits and projects, this event will dive into the science and art behind what it means to be part of a pack.
- Tyama: A multisensory experience of nature (ongoing) – Be transported to Victoria’s nocturnal worlds, immersing you in 360-degree responsive projections, breathtaking effects and exquisite soundscapes. Tyama review
- Little Explorer Wednesdays (Wednesdays until 9 November) – every Wednesday, give your kids the opportunity to explore their creativity through a variety of fun (and free!) kids craft activities.
- Story Seekers Melbourne Museum (Mondays and Fridays) – Join in at the Melbourne Gallery to explore stories that bring life to treasures.
- Tiny Tour Melbourne Museum (Mondays and Fridays) – a 45-minute tour created for early year audiences that will invite them to wonder, discover and be amazed.
- Bite-Sized Science Melbourne Museum (First Saturday of the Month) – Discover our natural world and uncover the secret life of the creatures around us and their ecosystems in these monthly Bite-Sized Science sessions.
- Fitzroy Market (Saturdays) – a one-stop hub for everything produce, food, artisan, handcrafted, vintage, second hand and local.
- Abbotsford Farmers Market (Saturday) – Shop local and seasonal produce and visit the Collingwood Children’s Farm which is just next door.
- VU Play Coburg pop-up playspaces (Tuesdays – Saturdays) – VU early childhood pre-service teachers create pop-up play spaces for children to play.
- Rose Street Artists' Market (Saturdays and Sundays) – Shop directly from Melbourne’s best artists, designers, crafters and makers at Fitzroy’s iconic Rose Street Market.
- Diamond Valley Railway (Sundays) – miniature railway with a playground next door. Diamond Valley Railway Review.
- Mini Mega Model Museum (ongoing) – an exhibition featuring small and big things at Melbourne Museum. Mini Mega Model Museum review.
WHAT’S ON – MELBOURNE’S SOUTH / SOUTH-EAST / BAYSIDE
- Clarendon Street Arcade (Sat 1 Oct) – Classic arcade games have been reimagined to transform the street into a games hub that is accessible and playable for everyone.
- Archibald Prize (Sat 3 Sep – Sun 16 Oct) – The Archibald Prize represents Australia’s oldest and most prestigious art award and will be shown exclusively in Victoria at Bunjil Place.
- Aspire Pakenham Spring Carnival (Fri 7 Oct) – Roll up! Roll up! For Aspire Pakenham's carnival extravaganza! Join in for an evening of carnival rides, games, face painting and much more
- Victorian State Ballet: The Snow Queen (Sat 8 Oct – Sun 9 Oct) – Enjoy a magical experience with your family and friends, delighting in the beauty and splendour of stunning sets, costumes and icy magic lighting.
- All Things Asian Celebration (Sun 9 Oct) – Experience an all-things Asian celebration with the authenticity of Southeast Asia right here in southeast Melbourne! Enjoy lion dances, Kung Fu & FREE entertainment, plus your favourite phở, dumplings, BBQ skewers and noodles!
- Bourne Local at Elwood Park – Season 3 (Sun 16 Oct) – one of the best local handmade markets in Melbourne and an event for the whole family to enjoy with music, friendly stalls, and great gourmet foods in a lovely picnic area.
- Pevan & Sarah in Concert (Tue 18 Oct) – A live edutainment extravaganza jam-packed with all your favourite Pevan & Sarah bangers.
- Lloyd Street Primary School Community Fair in East Malvern (Sat 22 Oct) – This Primary School Community Fair is back for the first time in 4 years with games, rides, foods, stalls, arts and crafts.
- Wominjeka Festival (Sat 22 Oct) – A day of art, ceremony and music featuring
- Children's Festival 2022 (Sat 22 Oct) – Rides, Fire Engine, Charlie Silly Pants show, Disco, Music & Dance Session, Bunnings Workshop, sausage sizzle & much more
- Whitehorse Spring Festival (Sun 23 Oct) – free rides, performances, workshops and activity sessions.
- Bluey's Big Play The Stage Show (Thu 27 Oct – Sat 29 Oct) – a theatrical adaptation of the Emmy® award-winning children's television series, with an original story by Bluey’s creator Joe Brumm, and music by Brisbane's Beethoven and Bluey composer, Joff Bush.
- Luna Dark (Fri 28 Oct – Mon 31 Oct) – At Melbourne’s biggest and most bone-chilling costume party, expect everything from VR horror games to screaming competitions, SFX horror makeup artists and more!
- Mini Makers (Wednesdays) – Back for Term 3, Mini Makers provides masterclasses for kids ages 2 – 5, where they can explore science, craft, cooking, music, movement and more!
- Mornington Railway (Sundays) – Climb aboard the Mornington Railway steam train for a fun-filled outing.
- Little Play Squad Legoland (Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays) – An interactive parent-child Play & Learn session based on LEGO® DUPLO®. DUPLO Farm Adventure Review.
- Bentleigh Sunday Market (Sundays) – plants, clothing, cosmetics, jewellery, books, videos, tools, antiques, crafts, pre-loved goods and more! Every Sunday.
- Frankston Community Market (Sundays) – a weekly community market located in the very heart of Frankston, featuring an ever-changing variety of stalls.
- Camberwell Sunday Market (Every Sunday) – second-hand retro, vintage, antique, fashion and collectible goods you just can't find anywhere else
- Gasworks Farmers’ Market (Third Saturday of every month until Sun 18 Dec) – On Saturdays soak up the vibrant atmosphere and sample the very best of local Victorian produce, directly from Victorian farmers and specialty makers.
- Dingley Village Farmers Market (Third Saturday of every month) – a community market held on the THIRD SATURDAY of the month.
- The Little Flamingo Design Market (Third Saturday of every month) – The Little Flamingo Design Market is a monthly market that is held 3rd Saturday of the month in Cranbourne West.
- Gumbuya World Wildlife Wanderers (Every Wed) – join in every Wednesday for a day full of fun for your little ones with a 30-minute program, which will include storytime, games and Nature Play-based activities.
- Prahran Market Mini Marketeers (Every Tuesday) – Enjoy free, guided activities teaching toddlers the fundamentals of eating well and putting the ‘yum’ in healthy food choices.
- Camelot Traffic School (Weekends and School Holidays) Ride or scoot in this miniature city and get practical experience riding and learning some road rules. Located in Bentleigh East. Check their hours on their website before you go as they are subject to change. Read my review.
- Young at Art Mornington Peninsula Art Gallery (Tuesdays) – program for 0-5 year olds. Sing, dance, clap and stomp your feet with Matteo! Do an exciting activity with the Education Coordinator afterwards.
WHAT’S ON – MELBOURNE’S EAST
- Touch a Truck Community Festival 2022 (Sun 9 Oct) – Major fundraising activity Touch a Truck is back! Check out 20+ vehicles from vintage cars to big rigs for the kids to touch, honk horns and explore, 40 + market stalls, pony rides and more.
- Tesselaar Tulip Festival (Sat 10 Sep – Sun 9 Oct) – tulip fields, live entertainment, market stalls and tempting foods. Read my review.
- Stringybark Festival (Sun 16 Oct) – an annual event celebrating all things homemade, home grown and upcycled in the City of Knox.
- Wild City (Mon 19 Sep – Sat 29 Oct) – Discover Wild City, a special community artwork developed by artist Kathy Holowko and the children of Boroondara.
- Halloween on the Green (Sun 30 Oct) – Local musicians, roving circus performers and musicians, sack races, poison ball games, food stalls and tarot reading.
- Auburn Kids Sunday Funday (Sundays) – Let the kids roam with the barnyard animals at the FREE petting zoo while you enjoy a Sunday Roast! What could be better!
- Lake Mountain (June – September but there might still be some snow in early Oct) – toboggan, cross country skiing and snow play, 2 hours from Melbourne. Read my tips on visiting Lake Mountain with kids
- Mt Baw Baw (June – September but there might still be some snow in early Oct) – Melbourne’s closest downhill ski resort is open for the winter season. Read my tips on visiting Mt Baw Baw with kids
- Yarra Valley Railway (Every Sun) – take a trip on the historic Walker RM22 Railmotor from Healesville to Tunnel Hill. Yarra Valley Review.
- Heide Art Babies (Tuesdays) – 30 minutes of sensory play in the gallery, looking, thinking and talking about art. Heide Art Babies Review.
- Mooroolbark Miniature Railway (Runs 4th Sunday each month) – miniature rail running every 4th Sunday.
- The Haunted Theatre – A free event that will take place on Saturday, October 29, 2022, from 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM at the Knox Community Arts Centre.
- Yarra Valley Railway Ghost Train (28 to 29 Oct) – All on board the Yarra Valley Ghost train – a haunted carriage event that will take you to two spooktacular Halloween events!
- Halloween House at Wyreena (31 Oct) – Join in the Halloween House at Wyreena for an enchanting and immersive Halloween adventure at the historic Silver Birches building at Wyreena!
WHAT’S ON – MELBOURNE’S WEST
- Jurassic Creatures (Wed 7 Sep – Sun 2 Oct) – a realistic animatronics exhibition like no other, will capture the imagination of children and parents alike with over 30 Dinosaurs and spectacular activities that immerse you in a prehistoric time.
- White Night Geelong (Sat 8 Oct) – The much-loved, all-night arts experience White Night will take over the streets of Geelong with immersive projections, interactive installations, live music, street food and pop-up dance floors.
- Kids Take Over the Civic (Sun 9 Oct) – a day of free family activities as the Kids take over the Civic Centre.
- Festival of Lights (Sat 15 Oct) – an event to celebrate our spirit of cultural diversity and to celebrate the brightness of light in everyone's life. On top of this, don't miss the fireworks display at the park!
- Flavour Fest 2022 (Sat 22 Oct) – a food & music festival for the whole family to enjoy, brought to you by Woodlea & Melton City Council.
- Junior Chefs (Sat 22 Oct) – Calling all budding chefs! Join us in the kitchen each month to learn, make and taste a new delicious recipe!
- Wominjeka Festival (Sat 22 Oct) – A day of art, ceremony and music featuring
- Family Swim Nights (Sat 23 Oct) – Windy Hill Fitness Centre will open exclusively for the autism community with Family Swim Night.
- Little Kids' Day In – Astro Adventures (Sun 24 Oct) – Fly over to Scienceworks for a day of space-themed play. Little ones will get to explore, create, test, dance and much, much more!
- Food Truck Festival (Sat 29 Oct) – Excite your senses & taste buds as you explore delicious range of food trucks from different cuisines at the Eynesbury Food Truck Festival.
- Children's Week – The Alphabet Of Awesome Science (Fri 28 Oct) – Join professors Lexi Con and Noel Edge for a thrilling voyage through the alphabet – where great big chewy sesquipedalian words inspire mind-blowing scientific surprises.
- Macedonian Food Festival (Sun 30 Oct) – Music, Dancing, Macedonian Food, Rides and more! The event starts at 11 am
- Resonate (Until Dec 2022) – a series of unique local and family-friendly live music events happening throughout the Moreland area.
- Yarraville Village Farmers Market (1st & 3rd Saturday of Each Month) – enjoy a wonderful, relaxed community environment, and sample the freshest products direct from the farmers and producers as you shop in the open.
- Trick or Treat at Yarraville Village (31 Oct) – Music, magic acts, photo walls and roving roller-skate performances are ready to entertain ad give you the shivers during Halloween this yea
- Bulla Railway (3rd Sunday of each month) – Ride the dinosaur trail on the miniature railway. Bulla Railway Review.
- Altona Miniature Railway (3rd Sunday of the month) – between 10am and 3pm ride this wonderful Miniature Railway. Altona Miniature Railway review.
- Mini and Me (Wednesdays) – Make memories for you and your little ones with a range of monthly fun and educational activities for children under 5.
- Story Time With Amanda Falson (Mondays) – Join in this free event with your little ones every Monday morning for story time with Amanda Falson.
- Grazeland (Fridays – Sundays) – huge dining precinct with city views and 50 stalls to choose from. Read the Grazeland Review
- Essendon Traffic School (Saturdays) – Essendon Traffic School is a mini road set up for kids aged two to ten years, complete with road signs, railway bells and traffic lights. Essendon Traffic School review.
- Sunday Funday Station Hotel (Sundays) – Every Sunday The Station Hotel prepares an animal farm and other entertaining activities to keep the little ones busy, while you sit back and relax. Station Hotel Review
- Enterprize Sail Williamstown (usually sails the third Sunday of every month) – go for a one hour sail on tall ship Enterprize in Williamstown
- Spookyville (30 Oct) – Tons of opportunities to celebrate the Halloween season in a fun and enjoyable way! The event includes activities such as Kids Entertainment, Face Painting, Crafts and a Costume Parade.