The night market at Queen Victoria Market is a 6-week extravaganza of all things European. This year, it's running from Wednesday 21 September to Wednesday 26 October 2022.
At the Europa Night Market you can expect your favourite European street eats under Melbourne’s iconic sheds at Queen Vic Market, making it a great all-weather night out.
In previous years we've enjoyed 400 Gradi pizza…
….pillowy, calorific gelato-filled donuts (the kids still talk about this years later)…
…and plenty of other savoury and sweet European delights from the Mediterranean to Eastern Europe.
I highly recommend the giant pans of paella for a filling feed! I also encourage you to BYO reusable containers and cutlery to avoid adding to single-use waste going to landfill (or recycling).
Every stallholder I bought from was happy to use my containers.
As well as eating your fill browse the art, craft and design stalls and there's a weekly calendar of live entertainment, from kitschy Eurovision-style acts to traditional music. Disco dancing anyone?
The Europa Night Market is a fun way to break up your weekday routine and it's an easy place to take the family out as there's something for everyone. Entry is free – just bring money for your food and drinks.
If you're going with kids my big tip is to get there early at 5pm (or even 4:45pm!) to take advantage of easier parking, shorter lines and more seating.
Check out the Best Italian Restaurants for Families Melbourne
Tips for Europa Night Market:
- get there as close to 5pm (or even 4:45pm) as you can as it gets busier and the lines longer. Peak hour is 7pm;
- if you go early it’s relatively easy to find street parking close to the market at that time if you’re coming by car;
- $15 parking from 4:30pm-11pm in market car park;
- take a tram up Elizabeth St for the easiest access via PT;
- the main market is not open; and
- bring your own container, cutlery and reusable napkins to avoid single-use items going into landfill or recycling.
I hope this post has helped or inspired you! Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to find out more ways for your family to have fun together!