The original winter night market at Queen Victoria Market is back! The Winter Night Market is a must-do event in Melbourne's winter calendar and this year you can expect new stallholders and traders as well as delicious treats to warm your tummies.
Every Wednesday rug up and head to the Queen Victoria Winter Night Market for a winter wonderland complete with delicious street food, hot drinks, great shopping and live music. It also promises silent disco parties, roving performers and more!
Eat your way through everything from barbecue, hot chocolate, melted cheesy pasta, decadent desserts and mulled wine.
Beyond the food, there are artisan stalls where you can browse hand-made clothing, jewellery books, art, skincare, homewares and lots more.
If you visit the QVM night markets during July you can even get festive with Christmas in July. Yes, there will be Christmas trees, fake snow, eggnog, Santa and carollers – so much fun for the whole family!
The Queen Victoria Market’s Winter Night Market is a great way to get over ‘hump day' whether you’re coming straight from the office or taking the family out.
My main tip is to get there as close to 5pm as twilight sets as you can to avoid queueing. Also, at that time it’s relatively easy to find street parking close to the area of the Queen Vic Night Market. When I go with kids I aim for arrival by 4:45pm to get to a close street park.
- Pram access;
- Change facilities in public toilets;
- playground across the road at Flagstaff Gardens if you want to have a play before the market;
- Arrive as close to 5pm as possible to avoid lines;
- Bring cash as ATM lines can get long (don’t count on stallholders always accepting card);
- Paid then free parking in surrounding streets (check street signs, I’ve been caught out before!) and the main market carpark is a flat rate from 4.30pm to 11.00pm on each Wednesday that the Night Market runs;
- Take the free City Circle tram. Get off at the corner of La Trobe and Elizabeth Streets and walk north to the Market. Catch any tram heading north along Elizabeth or William Streets – Take the 19, 57 or 59 to Stop 7, Elizabeth St or Tram 55 to Stop 9, Peel St.