Rooftop bars and rooftop pools are so cool for enjoying Melbourne’s summer weather…but generally they are not venues that are suitable for kids. So until now I’ve only been able to look on jealously from afar (or on Instagram).
Hooray for the launch of Reunion Island Pool Club – a rooftop pool club in Melbourne CBD!
Reunion Island Pool club is a sprawling rainbow-coloured rooftop bar with cedar wood plunge pools/spa – and they welcome families.
It’s on Level 3 of Melbourne Central rooftop, where the former St Jerome’s Hotel glamping used to be.
We are invited to visit Reunion Island Pool Club and even on overcast, slightly cool day (cos you just never can predict with Melbourne’s summer weather) the kids and I have a GREAT time.
Reunion Island Pool Club‘s rooftop is home to ten temperature-controlled plunge pools that vary in size, with the smallest fitting about 4 people.
Each one can be booked for 1+ hour, you may be able to drop in if there are pools available.
Lady AB (8yo) and Baby 2.0 (6yo) are both able to stand up in the centre of the pool. Kids are provided with floaties, rings and even rubber ducks for the ultimate bath-time fun! You can even connect your phone to the speaker for your personal playlist.
You’ll also find a cool foot bath…
….a cedar wood sauna….
….a shipping container bar with a large selection of alcoholic beverages and classic cocktails (and yes, the waiters come to you)….
….and a ‘LA inspired’ poolside menu with sandwiches, burgers and tacos from Easey’s creator, Jimmy Hurlston.
If you prefer not to get wet you can just visit for the food, drinks and of course the view.
Each change room cubicle has a hot shower and toiletries, a toilet and even a hair dryer on request. You can hire lockers for $5 from the concierge.
If you forget your towel you can purchase a 100% cotton Turkish towel and other accouterments from the general store.
During the day, the space also serves as a recreation venue, hosting a range of fitness classes, including yoga and meditation.
The temperature controlled pools making Reunion Island Pool Club the perfect destination to take a dip no matter the weather. They are open every day until 30 April 2019. Just make sure you have your towel handy to keep warm if you need!
- Reunion Island Pool Club on Level 3, Melbourne Central, just past Strike Bowling.
- Private Pool Bookings start at $100. After your booking you’re able to stay as long as you like;
- Entry alone starts at $10;
- shower and change room facilities are available;
- lockers available to hire for $5 from concierge;
- general store sells towels, visors and other accouterments;
- food is catered by Easey’s kiosk;
- no lifeguards are present so children must be supervised at all times;
- pools come in 3 sizes: 4 -6 people, 8 – 10 people, 10 – 12 people
- BYO towel;
- pools are for private bookings only ie you won’t have to share with people you don’t know;
- No BYO food;
- Park at Melbourne Central or take the train to Melbourne Central.