Ahoy me mateys! Pirates have run aground at Harbour Town Melbourne and you can join in free pirate playground activities and experiences at the shopping centre’s Summer Pirate Playground from 16 January – 26 February.
At the Neverland Adventure Experience you can clash swords with Peter Pan in the foam pit…
….take a walk through Treasure Island and meet characters from Peter Pan….
….and participate in pirate craft inside the giant Neverland tall-ship with different activities every week.
We were also invited by Harbour Town to experience a special pirate-themed Enterprize Tall Ship, sailing from Melbourne City Marina just across the road from Harbour Town. The Enterprize is a replica of John Pascoe Fawkner’s Schooner Enterprize – the ship that sailed from Van Diemen’s Land (Tasmania) in 1835 with the first permanent white settlers that started Melbourne.
A sail on the Enterprize Tall Ship is a fun way to admire Melbourne and its surrounds and there are regular sails leaving from Docklands,Williamstown, Mornington and Geelong, sometimes with pirates aboard! The public summer sailing schedule is here.
- in busy times you may need to wait to enter the playground if it’s near capacity. I suggest going right at 11am or close to 2pm;
- the craft village is inside the tall ship;
- playground is not shaded so wear a hat and sunscreen;
- craft activities are different every week so check the schedule;
- Harbour Town has pram access, baby change facilities and feeding areas;
- accessible via free tram zone, Southern Cross station or 2 hour street parking and $10 all day parking; and
- The Enterprize has public sails from Docklands, Williamstown, Mornington and Geelong and fees apply.