HOT: Hot Chocolate Festival, Yarra Valley Chocolaterie, Yarra Glen
Winter is the perfect time to indulge and throughout August the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery‘s Hot Chocolate Festival are serving 31 limited edition flavours of hot chocolates.
Every week there are 8 flavours on rotation. We are invited to try their week 1 menu consisting of a mix of traditional to unexpected flavours.
All the hot chocolates are whisked with callettes of the finest Belgian couverture chocolate. The ingredients and garnishes are made on-site, paired with the type of chocolate most suitable for the flavour.
My favourite flavours are Nutella (a bestseller), salted caramel and roasted macadamia, while the flavours like Turkish delight and bubblegum are too sweet for me.
Find Hotels and Airbnbs near Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery
After trying out the hot chocolates, doing some free chocolate tastings and chocolate shopping, make sure you stay for morning or afternoon tea in the café.
They have colouring-in activities and outdoor toys for when the weather's good, so kids will be happy.
The chefs are all European trained patisserie chefs (who specialise in chocolate). We try the chocolate brownie, chocolate mousse gateau and white chocolate and berry parfait.
The brownie is particularly spectacular – a crunchy outer housing an oozy centre. It is served with ice cream that’s churned from local milk and cream and is made fresh on premises.
If you haven’t had enough chocolate the desserts come with a shot of milk, dark and white chocolate from the chocolate wheels by the counter, so remember to specify what chocolate shot you’d like!
Click here for more things to do in the Yarra Valley with Kids
- Pram access;
- high chairs;
- indoor play – colouring-in;
- outdoor play – toys;
- disabled toilet;
- change table;
- free parking;
- 31 different hot chocolate flavours over 31 days; Eight different hot chocolate creations introduced to the menu each week.
- Each hot chocolate is served with an extra shot of hot couverture chocolate plus a handcrafted giant marshmallow;
- Free entry, free chocolate tastings & watch Chocolatiers at work;
- 40 acres of grounds to explore, set amongst rolling vineyards; and
- 45 minute session sampling a selection of eight different limited edition hot chocolate flavours $20 per person. PLUS choose from over 50 ingredients to make three different chocolate flavoured spoons – then just add to hot milk at home and create your own personalised, decadent hot chocolates. Bookings required.
- Vote for your favourite flavour throughout the festival for your chance to win your body weight in our one kilo chocolate mega bars!
This Post Has 15 Comments
Perfect weather for hot chocolate! I love a strawberry and dark chocolate combo!
Can’t beat a thick as mud, spicy Mexican chocolate.
Would love a very dark hot chocolate on soy or
a Spanish hot chocolate that’s so thick, it’s perfect for Churros!
Goodness that white chocolate berry parfait looks good! And winning your weight in couverture chocolate, my diet ends today just in case;)
I would love Nutella flavour. Mmm….
I have such a sweet tooth and so I love a white hot chocolate – yum yum yum!
Such a great place! I hope I win!
Salted Caramel and Roasted Macademia sounds fantastic!
I love a chai chocolate hot drink mix.
It’s a delicious spiced mix.
its all about the white chocolate for me
This place is amazing, would love to take my girls for a very special treat :)
I’ve never met a hot chocolate I didn’t like but the darker and thicker, the better!
I love regular milk chocolate, and if I’m naughty I add a splash of Baileys into it aswell!
[…] Hot Chocolate Festival Yarra Valley Chocolaterie (Fri 10 Aug – Thu 31 Aug) – 31 limited edition hot chocolates and hot chocolate tastings. Full review. […]
[…] Hot Chocolate Festival Yarra Valley Chocolaterie (Fri 16 Aug – Thu 31 Aug) – 31 limited edition hot chocolates and hot chocolate tastings. Full review. […]