HOT: Good Friday Appeal Kids Day Out, Melbourne
The Good Friday Appeal Kids Day Out is an annual event that transforms the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre into a kids’ wonderland! I'm not exaggerating – it's BETTER than an Easter egg hunt!
When is Good Friday 2023?
Good Friday is on 7 April 2023.
Save the date for Friday 15 April 2022 for a day of fun!
The event offers a huge variety of amusements and activities for the whole family. Entry is free and all events and activities are participated by gold coin donation in order to raise funds for The Royal Children's Hospital Good Friday Appeal. It's a good idea to bring a bag of gold coins so that you can participate in the activities.
A regular feature of the Good Friday Appeal Kids Day Out is the Teddy Bear Hospital. Bring your beloved soft toy for a bit of TLC from medical students.
Because Teddy Bear Hospital is one of the event's most popular activities, it would be best to book in as only a limited amount of tickets may be available on the day.
Find Stays near Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC)
During 2019, we were able to see the popular Woolworths Fresh Food Fair that offered tastings and samples…
….and community groups such as the CFA will have displays and activations.
They also had active sports and quieter activities suitable for kids of all ages.
One of our favourite play areas were the Castle and Cubby cubby houses.
Make sure to keep an eye out because you might even spot a roving pirate with bubble mixture or the Easter Bunny!
There are drinks and food available at the venue or for a sit-down experience visit The Boatbuilders Yard or General Assembly at South Wharf, both of which are family-friendly.
- entry is free, you do not need to book or buy tickets;
- Most activities are by gold coin donation, select activities are $3 – $10;
- bring a bag of gold coins with you so you can participate;
- pram access, change facilities available;
- food and drink available or sit down at The Boatbuilders Yard or The General Assembly at South Wharf;
- Take the 96, 12 or 109 down Spencer/Clarendon St to the stop at the Clarendon St entrance.
- Nearest train station is Southern Cross. From there catch one of the above trams or walk 10 minutes from the station; and
- Parking is limited.
This Post Has 0 Comments