The Eureka Centre – Home of the Eureka Flag, is a fantastic destination for visitors to Ballarat. If you have kids in tow they'll love the Eureka Gardens themed playground!
This is the physical site of the Eureka Stockade and you can view the iconic Eureka flag and celebrate the spirit of the uprising.
In keeping with the historical context, the playground has a military feel to it. There are wooden soldiers for hiding behind, a battle drum to hit and even the spinning dice feature military motifs.
A wooden war horse reclines on the bank.
Find Hotels and Airbnbs near ureka Gardens playground, Ballarat
The main fort structure is built like a stockade and consists of numerous wooden ramps, hidey holes and towers with rope climbs, fireman’s poles and slides for getting up and down. There are also a bank of two swings with a sweeping vista on the building below.
Note the layout of the playground means that it sightlines are often obscured. The playground is far away from the pond to not be a problem though the play area is unfenced. The playground is set amongst lovely gardens with BBQs and shaded picnic tables.
- dress everyone in bright clothing so it’s easy for you to spot kids and vice versa;
- unshaded and unfenced;
- suitable for toddlers;
- suitable for older children;
- BBQ, picnic seating and tables,
- great cafe inside M.A.D.E;
- toilets with change facilities are available inside M.A.D.E.; and
- If you're a Ballarat resident, show your ID and you get free admission into the museum.