Golfs simulators, virtual reality and a very well-stocked bar; Epic Arena in Newport offers state of the art technology for an epic family day out!
Epic arena newport
Epic Arena is located in the old Centrelink building on Melbourne Road Newport, so there’s a lot of space to move about or just sit back and spectate. No matter what the weather, everyone can enjoy great indoor play activities here!
Kids and teens will love delving into an alternate universe of action and adventure with Virtual Reality. Multiplayer VR games will have them jumping from great heights, competing in a dance-off or fighting aliens to save the planet. Even the grown-ups can have a go at hopping on the VR bandwagon with 4 VR booths and loads of immersive games to choose from.
Sports enthusiasts can try their swing at one of six golf simulators. Each golf bay has a variety of gameplay options for groups or solo players including training, leagues, competitions, driving ranges and putting.
Specific courses designed for kids mean the whole family can play, competing against each other in fun challenges, mini-golf or even faster-paced competitions. The games are best suited to 6 years and above and clubs are available in all sizes.
Golf lovers will be in heaven with over 150,000 simulated golf courses to choose from, including all of the most famous courses around the world. Play against your friends at St Andrews, Pebble Beach or Augusta National right here in Melbourne!
If you’ve got a keen golfer that wants to get serious, you can book a golf lesson with local renowned PGA Golf Pro Stuart Howard, available to provide in-person lessons. Current opening special rates for Private Junior Lessons are $40 for half an hour. Adult lessons are $120 per hour or $70 for half an hour.
A large function room situated right beside two of the golf sims makes for a fun and unique kids party option.
And then there’s the epic bar that has an impressive variety of spirits, beer and wine with four taps including a kahlua espresso martini.
Epic Arena is a family-owned business run by Billy and Anna, a local couple from Williamstown.
They’ve decided that instead of housing an in-house kitchen, visitors to Epic Arena can support local businesses by ordering from a pizza menu supplied by nearby Mamma Teresa Newport or fish and chips from Newport Sea Catch.
Tips for Epic Arena:
- A one hour golf sim costs $38 for up to 2 people, $48 for 3 people, $58 for 4 people;
- Kids Courses that are suitable for children 6 years and over
- simulator Mini Golf is good for young and old that like a faster pace competition;
- Personal clubs welcome and encouraged however must be cleaned and sanitised prior to use;
- Club Hire is available for $10 per simulator arena;
- A one hour VR Session costs $45 per person;
- Children must be at least 6 years of age to participate and use the VR equipment;
- Taking public transport: it’s located across the road from Newport train station, just a fifteen minute trip from Southern Cross
- Bring your own golf clubs or hire some for $10