The Eastland Ice Rink is back for another year with a range of special events plus ice skating all school holidays.
The undercover ice rink is just off Town Square and will host a range of special events including Throwback Tuesdays, Tiny Tots Thursdays, R&B Fridays and more, plus enjoy skating for extended hours during the school holidays.
Spend $20 or more at Town Square and skate for free! That’s easy to do when there are so many great eateries to try such as Lavezzi Gelateria Abacus Allday 400 Gradi and Brioche by Philip. We are invited to sample some of their delicious goodies at the ice rink’s launch.
You can also enjoy a cheap mate or date night with 2-for-1 tickets after 5pm on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Tickets can be pre-purchased online or at the ticket office. Skate sessions run on the hour for 45 minutes and tickets include skate hire and a Kanga skating aid if you need it!
I am a bit wobbly on skates so I love using the Kanga skating aid to whizz around the ice – whether or not I have to push a kid on it.
The Eastland Ice Rink is the only ice skating rink in Melbourne’s east and will no doubt be a popular family-friendly destination this winter.
Combine it with all the family-friendly facilities and indoor playgrounds inside Eastland plus the great library at REALM and you have the makings of a great day out.
As well as the Eastland Ice Rink, for the winter school holidays Eastland are hosting JoJo Siwa and the Snowstorm Maze. Trek through the frozen forest, discover the snow filled igloo hideout, and navigate your way through the chill snowball pit. Each session is approximately 10 minutes and numbers are limited at any one time. Check out all the Eastland school holiday events.
Click here for more places to ice skate in Melbourne
Click here for more winter school holidays ideas in Melbourne’s east
- Each ticket is for a 45 minute skate session and includes ice skate rental;
- Wear thicker socks which will give you more hold and padding inside your skates. The tops of the skates especially can press into your leg uncomfortably if you have thin socks/rights.
- Take an extra pair of socks in case of wet feet.
- Consider bringing a change of clothes (or at least bottoms) as the rink has a thin layer of water across the surface of the ice.
- Spend $20 or more at Town Square and skate for free. You can use your voucher immediately or book for a later date. Maximum four redemptions per transaction.
- Children must be at least 3 years old;
- children 12 years and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Town Square has lots of food options;
- Nearest toilets are inside REALM.