Inside Australia’s only indoor LEGO® playground LEGOLAND Discovery Centre you'll find DUPLO Farm Adventure, a space just for kids aged 2-5. DUPLO Farm Adventure is designed to inspire interactive social play, support development and encourage kids to have fun!
Behind the giant barn doors, children can explore a multi-level farmhouse where they can build with DUPLO and climb, crawl, slide and swing. It's the ultimate indoor toddler experience where little builders’ imaginations can run wild!
If you are planning on visiting DUPLO Farm Adventure; don’t forget your socks! All entrants – kids and carers – need to remove shoes at the barn door entrance. Toddler Explorer is wearing regular cotton socks (no grippy dots) and does not have any issue running, climbing and sliding in them.
Like many kids her age, Toddler Explorer loves farm animals and is very excited to see the large-sized DUPLO animals. On our visit, we see a sheep, cow and her calf, chickens and a pig!
The climbing section is designed to look like a barnyard (complete with large chickens!) so it’s not transparent from the outside. This means that carers will need to follow closely if you wish to keep an eye on your little one.
Find Hotels and Airbnbs near Lego Shop Highpoint, Melbourne, Australia
The space is mostly large enough for adults. There are a few sections where I have to squeeze through but the area is padded enough that it’s relatively comfortable to follow. Also on the inside, the walls are netted so that I can still keep an eye on Toddler Explorer as she sprints off through sections. Sometimes it is nice to be able to observe Toddler Explorer from a safe distance and see her tackle the different obstacles.
We spend a good hour within DUPLO Farm Adventure before Toddler Explorer needs some refreshments which are conveniently located in the on-site café right next to the barn door entrance. Remember that there are no pass-outs and technically no outside food or drink can be consumed within the centre.
To take kids’ DUPLO experience to the next level, LEGOLAND Discovery Centre runs DUPLO Kids Club on weekdays (except public holidays and school holidays) from 10am – 1pm. These are interactive workshops which take place inside the DUPLO Farm Adventure zone and are hosted by experienced team members who teach young children about numbers, letters, colours and animals through DUPLO games, building challenges and storytelling. On our visit, the staff challenges our mini builders to make shelters and homes for the animals and there is so much creativity!
All of that activity and excitement means that that Toddler Explorer is actually happy to get back into her pram and be whisked out to the carpark. If you have bigger kids who are good walkers, I’d suggest leaving the pram behind as it has to stay parked in a designated pram area for the whole visit. Once we get back to our car Toddler Explorer promptly falls asleep as we are exiting the car park! Now, this is a kid who usually fights sleep so I was impressed and am already looking into the unlimited entry options!
Click here for more of the best indoor play centres in Melbourne
Click here for more things to do with babies and toddlers in Melbourne
- The elevator to level “L” which gives pram access to LEGOLAND Discovery Centre operates from 9:30am;
- If your child can walk and you’re not planning on trying to get them to sleep so you can hit the shops afterwards, we’d suggest trying to avoid bringing the pram.
- Don’t forget your socks and wear shoes that are easy to remove.
- DUPLO Kids Club runs interactive workshops within the DUPLO Farm Adventure Zone on weekdays (except public holidays and school holidays) from 10am – 1pm.
- Cost: Standard Tickets: $32.50 per person (free entry for kids under 3) or DUPLO Kids Club Tickets: $32.50 for a family of two (free entry for kids under 3), see also our guide to the Best Melbourne Memberships for Families where we highlight the Merlin Annual Pass which gives unlimited entry into a number of destinations for the year.
- For more tips, including our downloadable 26 FREE tips to make the most of your visit to LEGOLAND Melbourne, see our post, LEGOLAND Melbourne
This post contains affiliate links. If you book using the links there is no extra cost to you and I earn a small commission that helps me to provide valuable and useful information free for you! Thanks in advance – Joyce