Spring has sprung and the cherry trees are in full blossom! So Cherryhill Orchards is celebrating with a four-day Blossom Festival that includes live music, giant yard games, helicopter rides for only $50 per person and food trucks.
The setting is really gorgeous as Cherryhill Orchards is set amongst the rolling hills of the Yarra Valley and the blossoms range from snowy white to pale pink, all in neat flowering rows.
There’s limited seating in the grassy area where the main festival action takes place so BYO picnic rug. You’re also welcome to BYO food though there are several food trucks on site.
Save space for one of their famous soft serve ice creams made with macerated pitted cherries mixed with vanilla ice cream ($5)!
Tickets are only $10 for adults and $5 for children and each ticket includes a bottle of their non-alcoholic Cherish Cherry Spritzer (valued at $4.50 a bottle).
I recommend that you buy your tickets online as there are only a limited number of tickets available per day. Also get there early to make sure you don’t miss out on entering, as when we arrived at 12 midday there were only 5 car spaces remaining.
Cherryhill Orchards is only 45 minutes from Melbourne and the Blossom Festival is a relaxing half-day adventure that you can combine with nearby attractions like Warratina lavender farm and Seville Water Park, not to mention the region’s farm gates, vineyards and breweries.
- Go early ie 10am when it opens to be guaranteed entry;
- Buy your tickets online;
- Each ticket (adult or child) includes a bottle of non-alcoholic Cherry Spritzer;
- Take a hat, sunscreen and water;
- Food trucks available though you can BYO picnic. Highly recommend the cherry ice cream!
- Combine your trip with a visit to Warratina lavender farm and Seville Water Park.
- Keep an eye on young kids. The orchard can be a great hiding place!;
- dogs not allowed in orchards; and
- There are only portaloos, no baby change facilities.