The setting is really gorgeous as Cherryhill Orchards is set amongst the rolling hills of the Yarra Valley. There’s limited seating in the grassy area where the main festival action takes place so BYO picnic rug.
You’re also welcome to BYO food or there are several food trucks on site.
Save space for one of their famous soft serve ice creams made with macerated pitted cherries mixed with vanilla ice cream ($5)!
Note that this year because of a cool Spring the orchard isn’t fully in bloom yet. With a bit of judicious cropping and positioning you can still get some beautiful shots. You can also use your pre-purchased tickets for a later date without having to change the date. The website says that the orchard will be closer to full bloom from Friday.
Tickets are only $10 for adults and $5 for children and each ticket includes a bottle of their non-alcoholic Cherish Cherry Spritzer (valued at $4.50 a bottle).
I recommend that you buy your tickets online as there are only a limited number of tickets available per day. Also get there early to make sure you don’t miss out on entering, as when we arrived at 12 midday there were only 5 car spaces remaining.
Cherryhill Orchards is only 45 minutes from Melbourne and the Blossom Festival is a relaxing half-day adventure that you can combine with nearby attractions like Warratina lavender farm and Seville Water Park, not to mention the region’s farm gates, vineyards and breweries.
Click here for more things to do in the Yarra Valley
Click here for more school holiday events in spring
- Go early ie 10am when it opens to be guaranteed entry;
- Buy your tickets online;
- Each ticket (adult or child) includes a bottle of non-alcoholic Cherry Spritzer;
- Take a hat, sunscreen and water;
- Food trucks available though you can BYO picnic. Highly recommend the cherry ice cream!
- Combine your trip with a visit to Warratina lavender farm and Seville Water Park.
- Keep an eye on young kids. The orchard can be a great hiding place!;
- dogs not allowed in orchards; and
- There are only portaloos, no baby change facilities.