For a mere $5.50 per child kids 3-5 years and their carers can enjoy a 1.5 hour session of storytelling and songs with Emily Paterson, a simple but tempting morning tea and art making activities loosely related to the artworks on display.
Then it’s time for a break of fresh fruit and Arnott’s Assorted biscuits!
For the next hour or so everyone makes artworks using pastels, collage, textas and stickers. Art materials are set out in small ‘stations’ and kids are free to roam from station to station to make what they wish as the atmosphere is very relaxed.
Click here for more places to go with babies and toddlers
Heide Museum of Modern Art also run art experiences for babies and preschoolers
Click here for my review of the National Gallery of Victoria’s monthly art classes for under 4s
- Arty Tales is suitable for children 3-5 years, carers are free and must supervise children;
- Tickets $5.50 for children, parents free, including morning tea;
- Bookings capped at 15 children;
- Walking distance to playground at Maribyrnong Park and cafes at The Boathouse and Poynton’s Nursery; and
- A short drive to Pirate Park Aberfeldie and the restaurants and cafes of Union Road such as Mister Nice Guy’s BakeShop.