Airodrome is a big trampoline arena at the Westgate Sports and Leisure Complex that combines a large trampoline park with an inflatable playground. It’s like two play centres in one!
The complex is in the middle of industrial Altona so it feels a bit tumbleweed-desolate and there’s loads of free parking.
In the ‘Airoworld’ section its bouncy castles galore with colourful slides, jumping castles, mazes, climbing wall, velcro wall and jousting ring.
You can run back and forth between the inflatables and trampolines.
On a weekday it’s particularly quiet as most kids are in school. So on Monday to Fridays during the school term they have parents and bubs sessions for kids under 5 years 10am-3pm.
It costs $10 per child for 2 hours of jumping fun in the ‘Flip Kids’ area which has smaller trampolines, nets on the side and a foam pit. Sock are required so BYO!
Kids love the experience with lots of falling over and constant peals of laughter.
I’ve found that as the kids get older they have more energy and stamina to stay for the 2 hours. However, if your kids are under 5 don’t necessarily expect to stay for the whole period – 30 minutes could be enough.
You can organise kids parties at Airodrome including catering options. On our visit the snack/drinks stand was closed but from a quick glance it looked pretty run-of-the-mill and junky so take your own snacks.
Airodrome makes a great cold weather/wet weather activity and if you have kids who need to burn off some energy, at Airodrome they’re encouraged to bounce off the walls! It’s also in the same complex as PlayHut Westgate indoor play centre for extra fun.
- For safety reasons, jumpers under 110cm must bounce in the Junior Flyers Zone;
- Minimum age is 3 years old;
- Parents and Bubs session is for 2 hours, and only children under 5 years old are permitted;
- There is no restriction on age or height on the inflatables – but it is very hard to police kids from moving to the trampoline area so might be best to only visit once they’re 3+ years;
- BYO grips socks otherwise $2 a pair;
- free parking;
- BYO food and drinks;
- toilets are outside the trampoline park.