For the school holidays Sisko Chocolate at Eastland is holding chocolate making workshops for kids and bookings are now open!
This gorgeous chocolate shop is a sweet tooth’s delight and the sleek styling feels like the interior of a high end fashion label. On one side of the store is a workshop area set up with tables and chairs.
We were invited to join a previous Sisko Chocolate truffle making workshop for kids and highly recommend the experience.
Truffle making involves a bit of delicate work which helps develop kids’ focus and fine motor skills – you have to pipe in the ganache, roll the truffle in more chocolate using a skewer then decorate with sprinkles and candy of your choice. I am surprised by Baby 2.0’s attention to detail as he handles the piping bag and chooses his decorations.
However there is a bit of waiting around for the chocolate to set at different stages and you have to wait your turn at several stages, so I find that Baby 2.0’s attention wanders towards the end.
Having a ready supply of chocolate to lick helps him to stay put while Lady AB finishes her creations.
Each child makes nine truffles which are then beautifully presented in a beribboned box. We also get to keep the cute chefs hat and aprons.
If you’re at Eastland also check out my Top 5 Features of the new Eastland Shopping Centre Redevelopment.
- Bookings essential, 20 children per class;
- Workshops are for 5+ or 6+ years depending on the theme. Younger children are able to book in but you will need to supervise closely;
- Chefs hat and apron plus take home creations included;
- Eastland has fun children’s play areas and great eateries around the Town Square area;
- Free parking for 3 hours or less;
- Sisko Chocolate also run workshops for adults at their Eastland store.