Santa’s Magical Kingdom is back at Caulfield Racecourse from Friday 23 November to Sunday 23 December 2018 with Christmas cheer for all the family!
The event is as close as imaginable to the Christmas dreams of childhood and stories…
…from the free-falling “snow” to visits from the Snow Queen, Santa and Mrs Claus, who loves to read yuletide tales and will also help you write a letter to Santa.
Rides include a super slide, Santa’s Sleigh Ride, a giant Ferris wheel, a magical train ride and more.
There are also carnival games (though these cost extra, see Hot Tips below).
The queues for rides really fluctuated. For instance, before the circus it is pretty quick to get onto the Ferris wheel. The rides for younger kids are generally a little quicker to get onto than the more adventurous ones.
An hour into the three-hour session, the International Christmas Spectacular begins.
The performance includes an incredible hoop twirler, a trapeze act and acrobats. The highlight is the daredevil motorcyclists – three of them dodging each other at high speed inside the “Globe of Festivity”. Depending on your kids’ interests and attention spans, you could skip this and enjoy the shorter queues for rides and activities. But I think the performance is well worth attending.
Hands-on activities include the Christmas Craft Village, where you can make your own Christmas tree decorations to take home, and Gingerbread Land to decorate your own gingerbread men.
- book tickets quickly as the event has been a sell-out every year;
- arrive early to your session to secure parking. Street parking is hard to find, there is some free parking in surrounding streets;
- entrance is at Gate 21 of Caulfield Racecourse;
- the environment is dark and very loud, might not suit some children;
- pram access and space to move, though I don’t particularly recommend it for babies who can’t walk;
- if your kids are into rides do them first and skip the circus so you can take advantage of smaller crowds;
- there are height restrictions for different rides – some are suitable only for younger children while others are for children 130cm+
- rides are included in the price;
- Santa photos, merchandise and carnival games cost extra,;
- set expectations early about how much you will/won’t spend on top of your entry fee; and
- food and beverages available for purchase on site including sandwiches, hot food, drinks, popcorn, coffee and donuts.