Real Madrid World of Football is an interactive exhibition giving soccer and sports fans an insight into the football Club of the Century – Real Madrid C.F.
It offers an amazing digital and physical experience for die-hard football fans…as well as people jumping on the FIFA World Cup bandwagon!
The experience starts as soon as you walk inside the temporary marquee set up outside Melbourne Museum, in the Melbourne Museum Plaza. There are stirring videos, a pumping soundtrack and lots of cheering.
The four zones inside the exhibition are very well curated, with flashy audio-visual displays..
…and an immersive large-screen 360 video experience of a match day at Santiago Bernabéu Stadium.
Fans will enjoy reading about the history, personalities and major victories of the club…
…seeing historical club memorabilia and trophy displays…
….and sifting through the archives at the hands-on terminals.
If you have very little knowledge about soccer or Real Madrid then the highlight is the Battle arena. There you can play a giant Fuzbol table…
….test your skills….
and play digital games.
At the end there is a large Real Madrid gift shop, including an experience where you can have your photo taken with your favourite player!
Real Madrid World of Football is at Melbourne Museum Plaza until Sunday 30 September after which time it starts a five-year world tour. Be transported into an immersive football world!
- exhibition is not inside Melbourne Museum, it is set up outside in the plaza area;
- look out for discount tickets/package deals available online;
- expect to spend 1-2 hours there depending on your child’s interest;
- paid street parking and underground parking at Melbourne Museum;
- Closest train station is Parliament;
- Closest tram stop is for #96 and #86 on corner of Gertude St and Nicholson St.