Do your kids love messy play but you hate mess? Then book in to visit Mess Matters which offers term-based and casual classes for art, craft and messy play in Moorabbin.
Mess Matters is about providing a creative and sensory play experience for toddlers and preschoolers.
During each 45 minute session kids have fun playing with paint, seeds, water and craft materials – and you don’t have to clean up!
Every week the space is configured with different furniture and activities.
On our visit Baby 2.0 particularly enjoys scooping rice into funnels and tubes, the playdough and craft with paint.
I notice that some of the younger kids like the water play, painting easels and craft.
Everyone is free to explore as they wish and the staff are on hand to reset each table after a child moves on. Their guiding principle is that a kid shouldn’t have to start their work sitting in someone else’s mess, which is great attention to detail!
Each session permits a maximum of 17 children and their adults, with 3 staff members on hand to reset places, clean up and generally monitor the activities. As the kids are young, adults are expected to help and guide them.
The sessions are popular so if you intend to drop in it’s important to book ahead to avoid disappointment. They also hold parties with tailored activities.
For more places to play in Moorabbin try Jump Central.
- Each session runs for 45 minutes;
- Suitable for 18 months – 5 years;
- Session times are Tuesday and Friday 9.30am and Monday and Wednesday 9:30am and occasional Saturday sessions
- Sessions are $15 per child, 5 visit card $70, 10 visit card $125;
- Bookings are recommended though it is possible to drop-in subject to availability;
- Smocks are provided but best to pack a change of clothes for everyone;
- Dress your children in old clothes and shoes that they can get messy;
- free parking on street.
Mess Matters, Factory 4, 3 Exley Drive Moorabbin 0425 808 219
Wednesday 9:30am 11am
Thursday 9:30am 11am