Discover the awesome world of science and biology with Dr Lorien Parker (‘Dr Loz’) as we host two weeks of fun and informative science activities at Woodgrove Shopping Centre in Melton. Workshops are only $2 per person and activities are all drop-in with no bookings required.
Week 1 – Our Amazing Bodies
Learn how the human body’s immune system works, how our bodies turn food into energy and why healthy eating is important with three activity stations.
• Virus splat will visually engage children as they learn how virus work while creating their own viruses using paint and pom-poms!
• Digestion nailing will look at how the digestive system works while encouraging children to use their fine motor skills in an activity that demonstrates how much you can pack into your body.
• Colour-in eco-friendly shopping bags with the digestive system printed on one side as you learn the names and functions of each part.
Located near Woolworths
Week 2 – Protecting the Planet
Three stations will be created to show children how they can protect the planet.
• The Plant Colouring activity will demonstrate how the colour spectrum can be found in nature, using natural plant pigments to create incredible colourful eco-friendly shopping bags!
• Did you know that broccoli is a flower and a potato is a stem? The second station will cover how different fruits and vegetables make up the sections of a plant.
• Plastic pollution is a massive issue for the environment and we can make small changes that have a big impact. In the bubbles not balloons activity Dr Loz will demonstrate why children should use bubbles instead of balloons at parties.