We recently flew to Sydney with 3 adults and 2 kids so I had to figure out a way to get all the people and the luggage to our accommodation in the city centre.
I decided that it wouldn’t be feasible to get the train and I didn’t want to hang around in the taxi queue waiting for a Maxi Taxi to turn up with (maybe) a car seat for Baby 2.0 (in NSW children over 12 months don’t need a car seat in a taxi, they can use their own seat and a seatbelt).
A bit of research led me to Bubs Taxi and I highly recommend them if you’re travelling around Sydney with kids in tow and especially if you’re leaving from the airport as normal taxi companies don’t let you prebook taxis from there.
Bubs Taxi are a premium taxi service which means prices are higher than normal taxis. For instance, our approximately 8 km trip from Airport – Ultimo cost $109.20 and Ultimo – Airport cost $94.80. A normal Maxi Taxi would normally cost around $55 for the trip (and if you were able to fit into a normal sedan I believe the fare would be around $30).
We were happy to pay a premium for Bubs Taxi though because for the higher price you get:
- easy booking – we booked and paid using a credit card online. When we had to change the time of departure for one of the bookings I just emailed them and received an email confirmation soon after.
- reliable service – both taxis we booked arrived on time. The driver also had my mobile phone so was able to contact me to direct me to the pick up point at the airport.
- helpful service – it was pouring rain when we arrived in Sydney and the driver drove us right to the front door and got out to help us with our luggage, not just sitting inside and popping the trunk open.
- up to 3 carseats – we had a rear facing carseat installed for Baby 2.0 and a front facing carseat installed for Lady AB but the SUV can fit up to three carseats. Bubs Taxi say that all their car seats comply with the Australian Standards and are labelled with an Australian Standards sticker; Standard AS 1754.
- enough room for your luggage – the car tows a trailer so there’s plenty of room for luggage and prams (you don’t even need to fold it up).
We’ll definitely be booking Bubs Taxi again for stress-free taxi travel in Sydney.
Do you know of any similar services in other states/cities?