Free Autumn School Holidays Melbourne Activities – Friday 7 April to Sunday 23 April 2023
The Autumn school holidays are always lots of fun! But they can get expensive.
So here's my list of free activities to enjoy during the Autumn 2023 school holidays. Some activities may require bookings, so it's best to check any you might want to do well in advance to avoid disappointment.
I've also published posts specifically for Easter events, school holidays events in Melbourne CBD and school holiday activities in Melbourne's suburbs.
Find out when are school holidays in Melbourne.
When are Autumn School Holidays in Melbourne in 2023?
Victorian Autumn School Holidays 2023 are from Friday 7 April to Sunday 23 April 2023.
School holidays 2023 Melbourne – Week 1
- Junior Rangers (Fri 7 Apr – Sun 23 Apr) – Parks Victoria Ranger-guided activities in various locations. Junior Rangers review
- School Holidays at Queen Victoria Market (Tue 11 Apr – Thu 20 Apr) – Let the little ones don their chef hat for some delicious school holiday cooking workshops.
- Create Your Own Star Book (Fri 14 Apr) – Enjoy crafting and exploring these school holidays at the Library!
- LEGO® Robotics: Build Me a Story (Thu 13 Apr) – a fun, kid-friendly activity that encourages learning and imagination.
- Briars by Night (Thu 13 Apr) – Briars by Night is a free, non-ticketed event, which includes live acoustic music, games, food trucks and a projection trail.
- Party in the Park Cruden Farm (Sun 16 Apr) – mini sports, an obstacle course, face painting, animal farms and lots more.
- Bees at Abbotsford Convent (Sat 22 Apr – Sun 23 Apr) – Let your kids be immersed in the sounds, shapes and scents of the bee world, from their familiar buzz to honeycomb houses and vibrant pollen.
- Julian Opie: Studio for Kids (Until Mon 10 Apr) – NGV Kids presents an interactive exhibition for children and families developed in collaboration with Julian Opie, one of Britain’s leading contemporary artists.
- Free Guided Walk (Until Wed 31 May) – Led by a passionate guide, discover sensational views and the remarkable plant diversity of this sanctuary in the middle of bustling Melbourne.
- Carlton Street Eats (Until Thu 25 May) – Bring a picnic rug and enjoy the expansive lawn area while you enjoy your choice of sweet and savoury foods, freshly squeezed juice, beer, wine, gelati, wood-fired pizza or French patisserie.
- Free face painting Prahran Market (Thursdays) – face painter, Alysha, from Paint The Party.
- Sonica Botanica: Stories and Sounds from the Gardens (Until 31 Dec 2023) – Weaving together interviews, field recordings and a musical score, this evocative listening experience responds to collectors’ passions, botanical knowledge, favourite memories, childhood impressions, historical anecdotes and cultural viewpoints
- Kids Passport Queen Victoria Market (Friday, Saturday & Sundays) – Collect your passport, then journey around the Market collecting stamps from our friendly traders, before making your way to the Queen Victoria Market Visitor Hub to claim your prize.
- Mini Twitchers Heide (ongoing) – Be a twitcher for a day and spot some beautiful birds in the Heide Sculpture park! Use a map to locate each area where the twelve painted birds are hidden in trees in the sculpture park.
- The Story of the Moving Image (ongoing) – Journey through the past, present and future of the moving image through interactive experiences, digital innovation and captivating stories. ACMI review.
- Shrine Kids (ongoing) – free discovery trail for children at the Shrine of Remembrance. Shrine Kinds review
School Holidays 2023 Melbourne – Week 2
Selected week 1 events run across both weeks.
- Music Play 2023 (Mon 17 Apr – Tue 18 Apr) – big and mini concerts, workshops and free foyer fun, making sure there's something for everyone to enjoy.
- Kidworks @ Brickworks (Tue 18 Apr) – monthly kids club aimed at pre-school ages 2,3 & 4. Each month will include a range of interactive activities, crafts, storytime, and a whole lot of FUN.
- LEGO® Robotics: Build Me a Story (Tue 18 Apr) – a fun, kid-friendly activity that encourages learning and imagination.
- Little Food Festival (Wed 19 Apr – Thur 20 Apr) – Two days of fun activities that aim to teach kids about the supply chain and its relationship to the health of our bodies and the planet.
- Create Your Own Star Book (Thu 20 Apr) – Enjoy crafting and exploring these school holidays at the Library!
- Ants (Sat 22 Apr – Sun 23 Apr) – An interactive performance that brings children together to explore the landscape around them.
- Fulldome Flicks (Saturdays in March and April) – A spellbinding cinema experience for the whole family is returning to the Melbourne Planetarium this autumn.
- The Story of the Moving Image (open daily) – Journey through the past, present and future of the moving image through interactive experiences, digital innovation and captivating stories. ACMI review.
This Post Has 0 Comments