Craftercise offers casual and term-based classes for preschoolers that combine physical/active play, singing, art, craft and messy play all in one busy 45 minute session.
Craftercise is held inside a factory warehouse in Airport West and as soon as Baby 2.0 sees the set-up he wants to get in and play!
Three facilitators are on hand to lead the session, which is geared towards 3-5 year olds. Other sessions at other times are for 6-18 months and 18 months to 3 years.
Each week there’s a different theme but the format of the session is always the same.
The session starts with 10 minutes of free active play with the range of climbing equipment in a circuit.
Then there’s 5 minutes of structured activity with songs and games.
Finally a bit more of free play time before the kids are led into the messy play and craft area to don a smock.
The last part of the session goes by really quickly and there’s not enough time for Baby 2.0 to try everything.
He enjoys using the mallet to make paint splats, spilling rice into funnels and playdough.
Other activities include a painting easel, craft and slime.
During the messy play kids are free to explore as they wish and adults are expected to help and supervise, though the three staff are also in the space.
Baby 2.0 has so much fun he’s reluctant to leave so it’s understandable that most Craftercise participants are regulars. If you do intend to drop in it’s important to book ahead to avoid disappointment.
- Each session runs for 45 minutes;
- Suitable for 6 months – 5 years;
- Session are at different times for different age groups;
- trial session at the casual rate of $28 before booking in for a term;
- If you buy a Small Ideas digital membership you get 30% off a casual class & birthday party offer also;
- Bookings are essential and are based on availability. Bookings for the term are given preference over casual attendance.
- Sibling discounts available;
- Wear old clothes and shoes;
- Party bookings available.