Splashland is a pop up inflatable water slide park and it’s back bigger and better at Caulfield Racecourse from 28 December – 24 January 2018.
We are invited to visit and Baby 2.0 spends 3 hours slipping and sliding non-stop, while I sit and relax in the shade (water slides are not my thing!).
The water park features eight rides for adults, teens, big and little kids. Kids are given a different colour wristband depending on age – over 5s and under 5s (3-5 years).
The 5-12yr olds are able to slide on everything unlimited for the three hours. Adults have the choice of a slider ($20) or non-slider ticket (free).
Five year old Baby 2.0 enjoys the Speed Racer (with six lanes) the most and the water obstacle course.
He returns again and again to the latter with his buddies. It is set up as a race and attendants keep friends/family together.
Once he gets confident he also has a go at the two largest slides. These are the only two slides adults can use.
Launch Pad is very steep and ends with a ‘bump’ at the end that’s supposed to make you airborne…
….while the Trippo is a three-pronged slide, 40 foot high and 54m long slide that Baby 2.0 calls ‘fantastic’.
Only children 3-5 years are allowed on the three smaller slides. These slides are still quite steep and children need to be able to climb up themselves to slide. As such, entertainment for the under 5s is very limited and it’s not really worth taking them along unless they have older siblings. There is no water play apart from the slides and obstacle course, though you can get splashy under the sprinklers.
On Monday – Wednesday there is one session daily: 10am – 1pm and on Thursday – Sunday there are two sessions daily: 10am – 1pm & 1pm – 4pm. Note not all sessions run every day so you need to check the timetable before you go.
We find three hours to be plenty of time for play. At the end of three hours Baby 2.0 wants to keep going but in reality he’s exhausted by the end.
Inside Splashland there are typical food choices from the two stalls – ice cream, coffee, snacks. We BYO everything which makes the outing more economical.
There’s lots of shade either from the umbrellas or in the lawns so you can set up ‘home base’ while the kids run from slide to slide. There is also a big screen showing the cricket.
On a sunny day Splashland is a great day out for kids 5+ years and Baby 2.o loves his experience.
Click here for more ideas for your Summer Holidays Bucket List
- best suited to families with older kids 5+ years and, if you can, go with other kids who are 5+. It will make lining up and the obstacle course a lot more fun;
- Children age 3-5yo have three slides to choose from;
- Adults are only allowed on two slides so unless you’re desperate to slide get a free non-slider ticket;
- Remember the hats and sunscreen;
- Change rooms, toilets and drinking water on site;
- The cafes accept cards;
- Plenty of free parking on site;
- Short distance from Caulfield Station;
- Entry and parking is at Gate 2 of Caulfield Racecourse, near Kambrook Rd; and
- Tickets are available online or at the gate. All sessions are subject to cancellation for bad weather in which case a refund or alternate session are offered.
Splashland, Caulfield Racecourse, Station St, Caulfield East
Monday- Wednesday 10-1pm
Thursday – Sunday 10-1pm and 1-4pm
Check timetable for session dates.
Adult slider (13 years+): $20
• Adult non-slider (entry only): FREE
• 5 – 12 year old slider: $29.50
• 3 – 5 year old slider: $9
• Under 3: FREE
• Family ticket (4 tickets of any type, but must include at least 1 adult and 1 child): $88
Thanks for Splashland I have 2 x family passes (4 tickets) to give away for any session of Splashland until 24 January. To win just follow the instructions below. Victorian residents only, good luck!