This Sunday 14 May is Mother’s Day and high tea is one of the most popular ways to celebrate the special day.
Here’s a round-up of the best 20 high teas in Melbourne, some of which are special events just for Mother’s Day.
- Langham Melbourne
One of my favourites in Melbourne for the quality of the food and the ambience. The closest to the ‘London afternoon tea’ experience I think. They are running two events for Mother’s Day
THE CHOCOLATE BAR – ARIA LOUNGE
The Chocolate Bar High Tea features a contemporary menu of sweet meets savory.
- Adults $75 including a glass of sparkling wine
- Adults $99 including free-flow sparkling wine
- $39.50 per child aged 4 to 12 years
ALTO MOTHER’S DAY HIGH TEA – LEVEL 25
High Tea perched from level 25 with view of the Melbourne skyline. Toblerone trifle, Salted caramel macarons, Pink velvet cupcakes, Oreo waffles, Chocolate-dipped strawberries, Raspberry meringue kisses, our Lindt chocolate fountain, Connoisseur ice creams and more.
- Adults $125 including a glass of sparkling wine
- Adults $139 including free-flow sparkling wine
- $60 per child aged 4 to 12 years
- Westin Melbourne
Modern twist on the traditional with an aromatic coffee or herbal Jing tea infusion.
- $49 AUD per person or $59 per person including a glass of sparkling wine upon arrival.
- Mary Eats Cake
High tea with unlimited scones, artisan teas, gift for mum, glass of Chandon.
- Om Nom
Christy Tania is Head Chef at Om Nom and specialises in pastries and desserts. The weekend high tea includes French sparkling, Lavazza Grand Riserva Espresso and T-Bar boutique teas.
- $65 per person minimum 2 guests.
- Stables of Como
High tea in the historic grand ballroom of Como House with an unlimited mimosa bar.
- Bursaria at Abbotsford Convent and The Refectory Werribee Mansion
Decadent delights, ‘Paul Louis’ sparkling wine, samplings of ‘Deitea’ boutique teas, our famous Bursaria homemade lemonade and High Tea treats.
- $75 per person, $25 for children 3-5 years (children under 3 years of age free)
- The Hotel Windsor
Enjoy this iconic building by indulging in freshly baked scones are served with jam and cream and exquisite pastries sit above delicate finger sandwiches.
One Eleven Spring Street Restaurant
- $129 per adult; $85 per child 7-12 years; $65 per child 3-6 years
The Grand Ballroom
- $99 per adult; $85 per child 7-12 years; $65 per child 3-6 years
- $99 per adult; $50 per child 7-12 years; $30 per child 3-6 years
- Collins Kitchen at Grand Hyatt Melbourne
Scones served with jams, creams and preserves, elegant finger sandwiches, decadent array of desserts and pastries from the kitchen’s patisserie delicately presented on Cristina Re designer tea ware. Sip on a glass of Chandon Brut Rosé whilst exploring the interactive cooking stations. Add the heavenly dessert buffet and a decadent chocolate fountain. Each booking of two will receive a Cristina Re designer tea cup for mum to take home.
- $99 Adult, $49.50 Child (6 – 12 years old)
- Marriot Melbourne
Buffet of freshly baked scones, ribbon sandwiches, delicate pastries, sweet desserts, live crepe station, glossy chocolate fountains, selection of boutique teas and freshly brewed coffee.
- $79 per person unlimited sparkling
- Hotel Lindrum
Assortment of savoury morsels, sweet treats, 15 different T2 loose leaf blends or Padre espresso coffee
- $70 per person including a glass of sparkling wine on arrival
- Stamford Plaza Hotel
Sweet and savoury bites, fluffy homemade scones and traditional finger sandwiches served on an elegant three-tiered stand. All mums will receive a complimentary gift.
- $65 per adult including glass of sparkling wine
- $25 per child (5-12 years)
- Myer Mural Hall
High tea in the heritage Myer Mural Hall. Sparkling wine on arrival as well as sweet and savoury items for the duration of the afternoon tea.
- Damon Bradley
Ribbon sandwiches, scrumptious fluffy scones, a selection of petite desserts and delicate treats. High Tea includes a glass of wine and a take home 5 piece truffle gift box.
- Adult: $68 per person, Child: $35 per child ages 12 years and under
- Sheraton Melbourne
Treat your mum to a Parisian Affair with our Mother’s Day Afternoon Tea session; featuring delicate teas paired with delectable treats from The Crux & Co Patisserie.
- $89 per person including glass of Bollinger
- Mamor’s Chocolate
High tea in a chocolaterie with an Eastern European sensibility.
- Mossgreen Tea Rooms
Sweet and savoury petit-fours and homemade scones with lashings of raspberry jam are showcased by the delightful Butterfly Bloom by Wedgwood fine bone china Teapots, cups and saucers
- Overnewtown Castle
High tea in a historic Scottish Baronial Castle in Keilor! You can also enjoy a Mother’s Day breakfast for $50 per adult/$30 per child.
- $70 per person, $30 per child under 12.
- McClelland Sculpture Park and Gallery
Elegant ribbon sandwiches, traditional scones served with cream and preserves, and a range of savoury and sweet delights will be accompanied by a glass of Peninsula sparkling wine and a pot of premium tea.
- Tea only: $35 Members / $40 Non-Members
- With sparkling wine: $45 Members / $50 Non-Members
- Children $15
- Ganache Chocolate Lounge
Chocolate high tea featuring sweet and savoury treats, paired with coffee, tea, hot chocolate, or for only an extra $10 a chocolate cocktail.
- Fancy Nance
Adriano Zumbo’s specialty high tea restaurant with imaginative treats. Their Mother’s Day event is a choice between 2 or 3 courses (including vegetarian and gluten-free options) with one non-alcoholic beverage.