Myuna Farm in Doveton is a City of Casey public community farm which preserves the agricultural history of Casey and gives city families an opportunity to experience country life.
Children can get close to animals and to see how a farm operates, as well as exploring a wetland area along Dandenong Creek which is home to bird life.
During your visit you can feed kangaroos, emus, deer, goats, camels, horses, donkeys and even llamas.
Feed bags are included in your admission.
There’s several areas where you can look at baby animals – the animal nursery, rabbit enclosure, hutches scattered around the grounds and ‘chicken day care’.
Every day there’s animal demonstrations – generally there’s goat milking and bottle feeding.
Tractor rides cost $3 extra and happen 11-3pm on the hour and take around 15 minutes.
Pony rides are also $3 per person and occur between 11-3pm, though there are only two ponies so the line can get quite long. Note you need to pre-purchase your tractor and pony ride tickets at the ticket office at the entrance.
Right near the pony rides is a playground, including the Myuna Maze.
You’re welcome to bring your own picnic or barbecue (barbecues are free and larger groups can book a gazebo). There’s also an onsite Myuna Farm Cafe that sells hot chips and sausage rolls, sandwiches, coffees and snacks. It’s pretty uninteresting fare but will keep little tummies sated.
Myuna Farm is a great day out for families who want a hands-on experience of farm life. It’s handy if you live in Melbourne’s south-east but if you want a children’s farm closer to home, try Bundoora Park Farm in the north and Collingwood Children’s Farm in the inner north/east.
- Free parking on site;
- Catch a train to Dandenong Station (on the Pakenham / Cranbourne line). Then catch a bus towards Endeavour Hills, which will stop at the entry of Myuna Farm.
- Wear gumboots as it can get very muddy;
- Dogs are not permitted at Myuna Farm between 8am and 6pm;
- Tractor rides are every hour from 11-3pm and cost $3 per person;
- Pony rides are from 11-3pm and cost $3 per person;
- Picnic tables and free barbecues available;
- Cafe sells hot food, sandwiches, snacks, coffee;
- special packages for birthday parties and education programs;
- You can buy a membership if you’re a frequent visitor.
Myuna Farm, 182 Kidds Road, Doveton 9706 9944
Open daily 10am – 4pm
Christmas day: The animal nursery will be closed. Train and pony rides will not be running.
Singles $8, Concession $7.
Family of 4 people $28, Concession family $23.00.
Children under 1 are FREE.
Train and pony rides $3 per ticket
Annual family membership $125 or $105.00 for City of Casey residents. Annual single person membership $35 each.