When the weather’s hot and you’re looking for some cheap water play and fun in the sun, check out the awesome outdoor Lara Pool.
Lara Pool, otherwise known as the Abe & Jean McClelland Public Pool, isn’t just your average public pool. It’s worth a special trip!
We love it because of its awesome pirate-ship themed water slide adventure playground with three slides, a dump bucket, water cannons and numerous fonts and jets surrounded by soft fall flooring…
….completely shaded toddler pool…
….fully fenced children’s area…
….separated area in the main 50m pool for youngsters and water play….
…and shady surroundings, with numerous shade sails set up on the grassy areas, plus natural shade on some of the park benches and picnic tables.
If you’re serious about swimming then three lanes of the six-lane 50m Olympic pool are normally marked for swimmers.
Other facilities include family change areas, a kiosk selling healthy items and plenty of free parking.
Best of all, you can have a whole day of fun on the cheap! Entry prices start at $6 if you’re an adult with a child under 5 years.
Lara Pool is only open during the summer months, generally from the beginning of November to end of March. During school holidays there is a school holiday program and during school term sometimes it is closed for school swimming carnivals.
- Water slides and water play;
- toddler pool and water slide area is fully fenced;
- toddler wading pool is shaded with shade sails;
- separated water play area in 50m pool
- lap swimming lanes in 50m pool;
- shade sails and grassy areas next to pool and the toddler pool/water slide area;
- free parking, bike racks available; and
- During school holidays they run a school holiday program and during school term sometimes it is closed for school swimming carnivals.
Lara Pool, 2 Bank St, Lara
Swim season is from 1 November to 31 March 2018
Monday to Friday 6am to 6pm.
Saturday and Sunday 10am to 5pm
Public holiday hours vary
The centre may remain open later on hot evenings at Manager’s discretion.
Adult (swimming) with child under 5 years $6
Adult (swimming) with child aged 5 – 18 years $12
Adult (spectator) with child aged 5 – 18 years $8