As new parents we tend to stick to a new thing when we find it works for us so we excitedly return to ArtPlay for Let’s Move with Mozart, Baby!
Baby Explorer is going through a leap around the time of this session so it’s comforting to know that ArtPlay‘s location on Birrarung Marr makes it easy to get to; close to public transport but also right next door to a carpark if we need it. The friendly staff are also so kind when we rock up late; a refreshingly fun and non-judgemental space for tired parents!
On this visit we use our pram as Baby Explorer is still asleep when we leave home. Once parked in the ample space within the building, I remove my shoes and socks and join the group, again led by Emma Salzano. Salzano introduces the session using her little feet/ big feet framework that had previously beamed us into Space. This time we march our way into a session that incorporates modern dance with the classical strains of Mozart.
Moving with Mozart turns out to be much more gentle than getting beamed into Space! Nonetheless Baby Explorer seems to delight in marching and twirling to the works of the child prodigy.
Salzano utilises various tools such as fabric, instruments and rolling toys and tubes to create activity for each segment. Our particular favourite is the length of material suspended mid-room; it’s hard to resist smiling myself as I watch Baby Explorer’s face light up as we float through the fabric.
Classical music isn’t on our Spotify playlist yet so this session is a nice way to introduce Baby Explorer to the genre!
We attended the final session of Let’s Move with Mozart, Baby however do keep an eye out as Emma runs it again from time to time.
- Artplay run free and paid workshops for children 0-12 years;
- before or afterwards visit the Artplay playground;
- Eat at cafes at Federation Square – I recommend Riverland and Pilgrimby the water or the ACMI cafe. Top tips on places to dine out with kids in the CBD; and
- Parking at Federation Square Wilson Parking $9 per hour, book for one hour and stay for 3 hours (you get one hours grace period before and after your booked entry time; and
- Pleasant five-minute stroll from train and trams at Flinders Street station.