What’s on – Friday 27 October to Thursday 2 November 2017
- Creswick Mills Queen Vic Market (Fri 27 Oct – Sun 29 Oct) – petting zoo, complete with alpacas and sheep, and a special appearance from a country stockman.
- ASEAN Fair: 50th Jubilee Celebration (Sat 28 Oct – Sun 29 Oct) – celebrate the 10 South East Asian nations united by ASEAN with two days full of live musical performances, cultural displays, ASEAN social clubs and fun activities for the whole family.
- MPavilion (Fri 27 Oct – Sun 4 Feb 2018) – An event hub, a meeting place and an invitation to experiment, each MPavilion brings creative collaborators together to present a free, four-month program of talks, workshops, performances and installations from October to February.
- Play Pod State Library of Victoria (Fri 27 Oct – 5 Dec) – Play Pod is the SLV’s program for children aged under 8 years with activities to read, create and play. This season’s theme is The Very Noisy Bear.
- Under 8s Ice Fun (Sun 29 Oct) – unique toddler experience in shoes or skates.
- Funny Bones Artplay (Sun 29 Oct) – Print your own Halloween cards to make your friends and family laugh and scream.
- Kids Oktoberfest Munich Brauhaus (Sun 29 Oct) – every Sunday kids eat for free, face painter and activity packs.
- Wallace & Gromit and Friends: The Magic of Aardman (Fri 27 Oct – Sun 29 Jan) – take an extraordinary trip from sketches and models through to elaborate sets as these beloved characters take shape on screen. Full review.
- The Pool: Architecture, Culture and Identity ( Fri 27 Oct – Thu 1 Feb 2018) – A multi-sensory installation of water, light, scent and sound, The Pool is an interactive space, complete with wooden decking and pool lounge chairs.
- Aladdin the Musical (Fri 27 Oct– Sun 22 Oct) – Disney film turned into lavish musical. Read the review.
NORTH / NORTH-EAST
- Crocs Playcentre Epping (Fri 27 Oct) – Trick or Treat with Mr Croc and fancy dress competition.
- Crocs Playcentre Reservoir (Fri 27 Oct) – Trick or Treat with Mr Croc and fancy dress competition.
- Lollipops Bundoora Annual Halloween Party (Fri 27 Oct) – dress up, spooky lucky dip.
- Mexican Street Food Festival (Fri 27 Oct – Sun 29 Oct) –Hola! From burritos to tacos, three days full of latin tunes, beach vibes and the best street food in Melbourne.
- Spring Vegan Festival (Sat 28 Oct) – Everything will be 100% vegan, with tons of non-for-profit vendors, an art zone and a vegan high tea at Meat Market North Melbourne.
- Fairfield Village Halloween (Sat 28 Oct) – trick or treat, treasure hunt, face painting.
- Michael Jackson’s Thriller (Sat 28 Oct) – To celebrate Halloween, visitors to Preston Market will be able to bring their inner zombie back to life with a special ‘Michael Jackson Thriller’ workshop.
- Halloween Food Truck Festival (Sat 28 Oct – Sun 29 Oct) – Creepy cocktails, spooky food specials and a free haunted house!
- Halloween Kids Trick or Treat Maze (Sat 28 Oct – Sun 29 Oct) – Dress up in your Halloween costume and walk through our spooky Halloween Maze.
- Swagger Child Design Market (Sat 28 Oct – Sun 29 Oct) – children’s style and design market.
- Halloween Kiddyrock (Sun 29 Oct) – interactive Kiddyrock workshop, a special performance by ALLY BOOM BOOM and the cool bananas, loads of Halloween art and craft activities plus the bar is open for the parents!
- Diamond Valley Railway Eltham (Sun 29 Oct) – miniature railway and two adventure playgrounds.
- Spooky Writing Workshop for Kids (Mon 30 Oct) – kids will be able to write their very own horror story – with the help of Creative Write It!
- Coburg Drive-In Food Truck Festival (Mon 30 Oct – Tue 31 Oct) – Screening Thor – Ragnarok and Jigsaw with some of Melbourne’s finest food trucks.
- Playshed Cafe Annual Spooktacular Halloween Event (Tue 31 Oct) – Pumpkin Lolly hunt at 10am, Halloween colouring sheets, Our very own pamper Princess from 10:30am -12pm, best dressed costume parade and lots more fun!
- Cat Protection Society of Victoria Feline Fright Night (Tue 31 Oct) – special take home goodie bag for anyone who adopts a furry friend, along with a kids colouring competition and of course, lots of lollies!
- Nicholson Street Trick or Treat Carlton (Tue 31 Oct) – Our Trick or Treat Trail runs along Nicholson Street, from Park Street Dining to Senserrick Green Grocer.
- Melbourne General Cemetery Halloween Night Tours (Tue 31 Oct) – experienced guides will ‘introduce’ you to Melbourne General Cemetery’s who’s who, while giving you fascinating insights into one of Australia’s most historically significant cemeteries.
SOUTH / SOUTH-EAST / BAYSIDE
- Crocs Playcentre Carnegie (Fri 27 Oct) – Trick or Treat with Mr Croc and fancy dress competition.
- Crocs Playcentre Knox (Fri 27 Oct) – Trick or Treat with Mr Croc and fancy dress competition.
- Halloween Disco Lollipops Noble Park (Fri 27 Oct) – $15.00 per child which includes entry and a kids meal. Costumes encouraged.
- Halloween Party Thompsons Parkway (Fri 27 Oct) – Come and enjoy trick or treating in a safe friendly environment, free family entertainment with face painting, fairy floss and kids’ carnival ride.
- Spooktober St Kilda Town Hall (Fri 27 Oct – Tue 31 Oct) –free entry on festival grounds, family-friendly haunt and two haunts for mature audiences.
- Luna Dark at Luna Park (Fri 27 Oct – Tue 31 Oct) – Get set to scream this Halloween as Melbourne’s Luna Park transforms into Luna Dark, a spook-tacular Halloween weekend full of Carn-Evil delights!
- Halloween at Sk8house (Sat 28 Oct) – Dance the night away to Thriller, Monster Mash, Time Warp and many more ghostly favorites.
- Halloween on the Green (Sat 28 Oct) – Local musicians, roving circus performers and musicians, sack races, poison ball games, food stalls and tarot reading.
- Halloween on Fitzroy Street (Sat 28 Oct) – stilt walkers, fire twirlers, and face painters.
- Say Cheese Festival Prahran Market (Sat 28 Oct) – Enjoy live tunes, vibrant zones to just chill out, tasty drinks and a whole lot of cheese.
- Stonnington Toy Library Play Day (Sat 28 Oct) – As well as tonnes of family activities, the little ones can get up close to furry friends at the mobile animal farm and even get their face painted by Princess Elsa.
- Australian National Aviation Museum Open Day (Sat 28 Oct – Sun 29 Oct) – see some of the unique aircraft held at its headquarters.
- Halloween Spooky Weekend The Big Goose (Sat 28 Oct – Sun 29 Oct) – Dress up in your best Halloween costume and join our fashion parade, trick or treat treasure hunt and more.
- Halloween Ghost Hunt Como (Sat 28 Oct – Sun 29 Oct) – Children from 6 to 12 years old and parents are invited to join us on a special house tour that explores the unique and spookier side of the mansion and find out who and what haunts the halls!
- Little Train of Horrors Mornington (Sat 28 Oct – Sun 29 Oct) – Mornington Railway and Little Shop of Horrors Costumery are holding an event. Come dressed up and enjoy face painting, treat bags, model train displays and train rides.
- Halloween Monster Bash (Sun 29 Oct) – ‘trunk’ or treat, family friendly activities, American food trucks.
- Dandenong Market celebrates Halloween (Sun 29 Oct, Tue 31 Oct) – trick or treat, magic show, balloon art.
- Halloween Costume Party Boneo Maze (Sun 29 Oct) – balloon artists, face painters, kids crafts and costume competitions.
- Hampton Street Halloween (Tue 31 Oct) – Dress your little witches, goblins, warlocks, Wizards, minions etc…. and Trick or Treat your way down Hampton Street, Hampton.
- Playdays Halloween (Tue 31 Oct) – free activities including Kids Face Painting from 12-2pm and a very special guest appearance from Paw Patrol’s Marshall at 11am.
- Halloween at the Old Cheese Factory (Tue 31 Oct) – treat making, haunted inflatable maze, giant inflatable slide, Halloween themed children’s disco, mask making, face painting and various Halloween themed areas to explore and participate in trick or treating.
- Bayside Food Truck Fiesta (Thu 2 Nov – Tue 7 Nov) – full bar, live music and a rotating roster of over 20 of Melbourne’s finest food trucks.
- Maroondah City Council – Children’s week fun day (Fri 27 Oct) – Paul Jamieson “The Music Man”, Circus performers, Storytelling, Bubbles, Face painting, Sensory play, Teddy bear hospital, Free sausage sizzle.
- Crocs Playcentre Ringwood (Fri 27 Oct) – Trick or Treat with Mr Croc and fancy dress competition.
- Lollipops Forest Hill Halloween Disco Night (Fri 27 Oct) – prizes for best dressed.
- Halloween Parade Mountain Gate (Fri 27 Oct) – Jumping Castle, Carousel, Trick or Treating, Roving Entertainers, Balloon Modelling, Face Painting.
- Hedgend Halloween (Sat 28 Oct – Tue 31 Oct) – Spooky themed family activities PLUS get FULL access to 20 acres of amazing Halloween fun at Hedgend Maze.
- Melbourne Tram Museum (Sat 28 Oct) – Visit a Melbourne icon at this quirky museum. FULL REVIEW.
- Yarra Valley Railway (Sun 29 Oct) – take a trip on the historic Walker RM22 Railmotor from Healesville to Tunnel Hill. Full review.
- Party Time Eastland (Mon 30 Oct – Wed 1 Nov) – Join in the fun with Poppies for Grace’s PARTY TIME. A morning of party craft and games. Free for 3 to 5 years.
- Spooky Fun Stockland The Pines (Tue 31 Oct) – Free activities including Witches Wander Treasure Hunt, Face Painting, Halloween Craft Activities and Trick or Treating – Registration is essential!
- Halloween at Mooroolbark Miniature Railway (Tue 31 Oct) – ghost trains, lollies, space for a picnic, and a fun atmosphere.
- Halloween at Sassafras Sweet Company (Tue 31 Oct) – prizes, lolly bags, sausage sizzle, magician.
- Kew Junction Trick or Treat (Tue 31 Oct) – in-store Trick or Treating all day, roving performers.
- Burwood Village Halloween Street Party (Tue 31 Oct) – treats, a haunted tunnel, photos with magical princesses and super hero, freaky activities, family dinner offers and a movie after dark.
- Crocs Playcentre Keilor (Fri 27 Oct) – Trick or Treat with Mr Croc and fancy dress competition.
- Boo at the Zoo Werribee Zoo (Fri 27 Oct – Sat 28 Oct) – Come dressed in costume, enjoy kids’ activities, themed music and food in the spookiest event of the year.
- Halloween Spooktacular Watergardens (Fri 27 Oct – Tue 31 Oct) – haunted house, trick or treat, spooky specials.
- Spooky Saturday Milleara Shopping Centre (Sat 28 Oct) – Kids can collect their own map of the centre from the Halloween Station, which will direct them to participating stores to ask the magic words, “Trick or Treat!” for their treats!
- Essendon Traffic School (Sat 28 Oct) – Essendon Traffic School is a mini road set up for kids aged two to ten years, complete with road signs, railway bells and traffic lights. Full review.
- Little Red Train Werribee (Sat 28 Oct – Sun 29 Oct) – take a trackless train ride through picturesque Werribee Park. FULL REVIEW.
- Toddler Circus Footscray (Sat 28 Oct & Thu 2 Nov) – circus class for 18 month -5 year olds. READ THE REVIEW.
- Mastermind Highpoint (Mon 30 Oct) – free creative workshops for kids.
- Toddl’Art FCAC (Wed 1 Nov) – toddler art classes for drop-in. READ THE REVIEW.
- LightTime Scienceworks (Fri 27 Oct onwards) – a collective of 11 Melbourne based artists who have created hypnotic and mesmerising works. Full review.
- Yarraville Halloween (Tue 31 Oct) – Decorations, fun and trick-a-treating for the kids.
- The Kidz Play Shak Halloween Party (Tue 31 Oct) – face painting, disco dancing, a lolly hunt, dress up competition and more!
Posted: 26th October 2017
LEAVE A COMMENT