Halloween is a fun time to dress up, go trick-or-treating and party – and every year it gets bigger and bigger in Melbourne!
Here’s a list of the family-friendly Halloween events happening all over Melbourne. Check your local library for Halloween related story-time and events too.
Don’t forget to also enter giveaways to win your ultimate Halloween costume from Smiffys Fancy Dress Costumes and family passes to Fright Night Spooktacular plus check out these spectacular Halloween recipes including Strawberry Ghosts, Witches’ Fingers and Rice Ball Jack O’ Lanterns!
- Funny Bones Artplay (Sun 29 Oct) – Print your own Halloween cards to make your friends and family laugh and scream.
NORTH / NORTH-EAST
- Crocs Playcentre Epping (Fri 27 Oct) – Trick or Treat with Mr Croc and fancy dress competition.
- Crocs Playcentre Reservoir (Fri 27 Oct) – Trick or Treat with Mr Croc and fancy dress competition.
- Lollipops Bundoora Annual Halloween Party (Fri 27 Oct) – dress up, spooky lucky dip.
- Fairfield Village Halloween (Sat 28 Oct) – trick or treat, treasure hunt, face painting.
- Michael Jackson’s Thriller (Sat 28 Oct) – To celebrate Halloween, visitors to Preston Market will be able to bring their inner zombie back to life with a special ‘Michael Jackson Thriller’ workshop
- Halloween Food Truck Festival (Sat 28 Oct – Sun 29 Oct) – Creepy cocktails, spooky food specials and a free haunted house!
- Halloween Kids Trick or Treat Maze (Sat 28 Oct – Sun 29 Oct) – Dress up in your Halloween costume and walk through our spooky Halloween Maze.
- Halloween Kiddyrock (Sun 29 Oct) – interactive Kiddyrock workshop, a special performance by ALLY BOOM BOOM and the cool bananas, loads of Halloween art and craft activities plus the bar is open for the parents!
- Spooky Writing Workshop for Kids (Mon 30 Oct) – kids will be able to write their very own horror story – with the help of Creative Write It!
- Coburg Drive-In Food Truck Festival (Mon 30 Oct – Tue 31 Oct) – Screening Thor – Ragnarok and Jigsaw with some of Melbourne’s finest food trucks.
- Playshed Cafe Annual Spooktacular Halloween Event (Tue 31 Oct) – Pumpkin Lolly hunt at 10am, Halloween colouring sheets, Our very own pamper Princess from 10:30am -12pm, best dressed costume parade and lots more fun!
- Cat Protection Society of Victoria Feline Fright Night (Tue 31 Oct) – special take home goodie bag for anyone who adopts a furry friend, along with a kids colouring competition and of course, lots of lollies!
- Nicholson Street Trick or Treat Carlton (Tue 31 Oct) – Our Trick or Treat Trail runs along Nicholson Street, from Park Street Dining to Senserrick Green Grocer.
- Melbourne General Cemetery Halloween Night Tours (Tue 31 Oct) – experienced guides will ‘introduce’ you to Melbourne General Cemetery’s who’s who, while giving you fascinating insights into one of Australia’s most historically significant cemeteries.
SOUTH / SOUTH-EAST / BAYSIDE
- Crocs Playcentre Carnegie (Fri 27 Oct) – Trick or Treat with Mr Croc and fancy dress competition.
- Crocs Playcentre Knox (Fri 27 Oct) – Trick or Treat with Mr Croc and fancy dress competition.
- Halloween Disco Lollipops Noble Park (Fri 27 Oct) – $15.00 per child which includes entry and a kids meal. Costumes encouraged.
- Halloween Party Thompsons Parkway (Fri 27 Oct) – Come and enjoy trick or treating in a safe friendly environment, free family entertainment with face painting, fairy floss and kids’ carnival ride.
- Spooktober St Kilda Town Hall (Fri 27 Oct – Tue 31 Oct) –free entry on festival grounds, family-friendly haunt and two haunts for mature audiences.
- Luna Dark at Luna Park (Fri 27 Oct – Tue 31 Oct) – Get set to scream this Halloween as Melbourne’s Luna Park transforms into Luna Dark, a spook-tacular Halloween weekend full of Carn-Evil delights!
- Halloween at Sk8house (Sat 28 Oct) – Dance the night away to Thriller, Monster Mash, Time Warp and many more ghostly favorites.
- Halloween on the Green (Sat 28 Oct) – Local musicians, roving circus performers and musicians, sack races, poison ball games, food stalls and tarot reading.
- Halloween on Fitzroy Street (Sat 28 Oct) – stilt walkers, fire twirlers, and face painters.
- Halloween Spooky Weekend The Big Goose (Sat 28 Oct – Sun 29 Oct) – Dress up in your best Halloween costume and join our fashion parade, trick or treat treasure hunt and more.
- Halloween Ghost Hunt Como (Sat 28 Oct – Sun 29 Oct) – Children from 6 to 12 years old and parents are invited to join us on a special house tour that explores the unique and spookier side of the mansion and find out who and what haunts the halls!
- Little Train of Horrors Mornington (Sat 28 Oct – Sun 29 Oct) – Mornington Railway and Little Shop of Horrors Costumery are holding an event. Come dressed up and enjoy face painting, treat bags, model train displays and train rides.
- Halloween Monster Bash (Sun 29 Oct) – ‘trunk’ or treat, family friendly activities, American food trucks.
- Dandenong Market celebrates Halloween (Sun 29 Oct, Tue 31 Oct) – trick or treat, magic show, balloon art.
- Halloween Costume Party Boneo Maze (Sun 29 Oct) – balloon artists, face painters, kids crafts and costume competitions
- Hampton Street Halloween (Tue 31 Oct) – Dress your little witches, goblins, warlocks, Wizards, minions etc…. and Trick or Treat your way down Hampton Street, Hampton.
- Playdays Halloween (Tue 31 Oct) – free activities including Kids Face Painting from 12-2pm and a very special guest appearance from Paw Patrol’s Marshall at 11am.
- Halloween at the Old Cheese Factory (Tue 31 Oct) – treat making, haunted inflatable maze, giant inflatable slide, Halloween themed children’s disco, mask making, face painting and various Halloween themed areas to explore and participate in trick or treating.
- Crocs Playcentre Ringwood (Fri 27 Oct) – Trick or Treat with Mr Croc and fancy dress competition.
- Lollipops Forest Hill Halloween Disco Night (Fri 27 Oct) – prizes for best dressed.
- Halloween Parade Mountain Gate (Fri 27 Oct) – Jumping Castle, Carousel, Trick or Treating, Roving Entertainers, Balloon Modelling, Face Painting.
- Hedgend Halloween (Sat 21 Oct – Sun 22 Oct, Sat 28 Oct – Tue 31 Oct) – Spooky themed family activities PLUS get FULL access to 20 acres of amazing Halloween fun at Hedgend Maze.
- Spooky Fun Stockland The Pines (Tue 31 Oct) – Free activities including Witches Wander Treasure Hunt, Face Painting, Halloween Craft Activities and Trick or Treating – Registration is essential!
- Halloween at Mooroolbark Miniature Railway (Tue 31 Oct) – ghost trains, lollies, space for a picnic, and a fun atmosphere.
- Halloween at Sassafras Sweet Company (Tue 31 Oct) – prizes, lolly bags, sausage sizzle, magician.
- Kew Junction Trick or Treat (Tue 31 Oct) – in-store Trick or Treating all day, roving performers.
- Burwood Village Halloween Street Party (Tue 31 Oct) – treats, a haunted tunnel, photos with magical princesses and super hero, freaky activities, family dinner offers and a movie after dark.
- Boo at the Zoo Werribee Zoo (Fri 27 Oct – Sat 28 Oct) – Come dressed in costume, enjoy kids’ activities, themed music and food in the spookiest event of the year.
- Halloween Spooktacular Watergardens (Fri 27 Oct – Tue 31 Oct) – haunted house, trick or treat, spooky specials.
- Crocs Playcentre Keilor (Fri 27 Oct) – Trick or Treat with Mr Croc and fancy dress competition.
- Spooky Saturday Milleara Shopping Centre (Sat 28 Oct) – Kids can collect their own map of the centre from the Halloween Station, which will direct them to participating stores to ask the magic words, “Trick or Treat!” for their treats!
- Yarraville Halloween (Tue 31 Oct) – Decorations, fun and trick-a-treating for the kids.
- The Kidz Play Shak Halloween Party (Tue 31 Oct) – face painting, disco dancing, a lolly hunt, dress up competition and more!