- European Night Market (Fri 4 Aug – Fri 25 Aug) – take in the rich European aromas of mulled wine, German sausages and freshly baked pretzels as you browse the mix of new and returning food stalls every Friday night.
- Slide, Skate and Chill (Fri 4 Aug – Thu 31 Aug) – undercover riverside ice rink and toboggan slide. Full review.
- Aladdin the Musical (Fri 4 Aug – Sun 22 Oct) – Disney film turned into lavish musical. Read the review.
- Queen Street Plaza (Sat 5 Aug – Sun 6 Aug) – A place to sit, eat, have a drink and enjoy free family entertainment right in the heart of the city.
- Leempeeyt Weeyn’ – Indigenous Campfire (Sat 5 Aug – Sun 20 Aug) – live performances, storytelling, learning and sharing over a continuously burning fire.
- ACMI’s Family Sundays (Sun 6 Aug) – day for families to come together and interact with screen culture in all its forms with different theme each month. Full review.
- Aladdin at MIFF (Sun 6 Aug) – celebrate the 25th anniversary of the beloved Disney animated classic.
- Pirate Sunday at Polly Woodside (Sun 6 Aug) – Dress as a pirate and come help us search for hidden treasure, play tug of war and have your face painted.
- Winter Night Market Queen Victoria Market (Wed 9 Aug) – best of winter food, design and theatrics to the market every Wednesday during winter. FULL REVIEW.
- Play Pod State Library of Victoria (Fri 4 Aug – 5 Sep) – Play Pod is the SLV’s program for children aged under 8 years with activities to read, create and play. There’s a new theme every season for Winter 2017 it’s inspired by Penguin Problems.
- Fiona Hall: Uneasy Seasons NGV (Fri 4 Aug – Sun 8 Oct) – interactive and immersive exhibition for children at NGV International. Full review.
- Introducing the 91 Storey Treehouse (Tue 8 Aug) – Join Andy and Terry, along with special guest Jill Griffiths, for hilarious antics as we launch this wild new book into the world.
- Artplay Inside Out (Wed 9 Aug – Thu 24 Aug) – free indoor play and explore a different idea and activity each week every Wednesday and Thursday. FULL REVIEW.
NORTH / NORTH-EAST
- Street Food Cinema Preston (Fri 4 Aug – Sun 6 Aug) – vibrant, edgy and attractive venue offering Melbourne’s favourite food trucks on rotation, events and entertainment. FULL REVIEW.
- Bug Lab Melbourne Museum (Fri 4 Aug – Oct) – exploring the world of bugs. Full review.
- National Geographic Photo Ark (Fri 4 Aug – 1 Oct) – exclusive photo exhibition is using the power of photography to inspire people to save animals before it’s too late.
- Bundoora Park Farmers Market (Sat 5 Aug) – fresh produce at Bundoora Park with awesome playground and Bundoora Park Farm.
- Coburg Farmers Market (Sat 5 Aug) – farmers market every Saturday near Harmony Park playground.
- Tread Sculptures Open Day (Sat 5 Aug – Sun 6 Aug) – upcycled sculpture trail showcasing metal art.
- Diamond Valley Railway (Sun 6 Aug) – miniature railway and two adventure playgrounds. Full review.
- University of Melbourne Farmers Market (Wed 9 Aug) – Enjoy the atmosphere of a sunny picnic with the integrity of an accredited farmers’ market!
SOUTH / SOUTH-EAST / BAYSIDE
- Babes to Kids Market Caribbean Gardens (Fri 4 Aug) – new and preloved baby gear, free train rides and face painting.
- Hank Marvin Market (Sat 5 Aug) – weekly Saturday market with awesome playground at Alma Park.
- Fairy Petunia South Melbourne Market (Wed 9 Aug) – free storytelling, drawing, face painting, games, bubbles and more.
- Glow Winter Arts Festival (Thu 10 Aug – Sun 20 Aug) – arts, culture and food festival.
- Eastland ice skating & events (Fri 4 Aug – 31 Aug) – undercover ice skating, workshops.
- Yarra Valley Railway (Sun 6 Aug) – take a trip on the historic Walker RM22 Railmotor from Healesville to Tunnel Hill. Full review.
- Hot Chocolate Festival at the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie (Fri 4 Aug – Thu 31 Aug) – 31 limited edition hot chocolates and hot chocolate tastings.
- LightTime Scienceworks (Fri 4 Aug onwards) – a collective of 11 Melbourne based artists who have created hypnotic and mesmerising works. Full review.
- Essendon Traffic School (Sat 5 Aug) – mini road set up for kids aged two to ten years, complete with road signs, railway bells and traffic lights.
- Toddler and Preschool Circus Club (Sat 5 Aug) – Explore aerials, balances, circus circuits and games. FULL REVIEW
- Altona Homestead Devonshire Tea (Sun 6 Aug) – historical homestead is open every 1st Sunday for Devonshire Tea.
- Bulla Hill Railway (Sun 6 Aug) – Every 1st and 3rd Sunday the ride this the dinosaur trail on the miniature railway. FULL REVIEW
- Mastermind Highpoint (Mon 7 Aug) – free creative workshops for kids.
- Little Kids Day In Scienceworks (Mon 1 Aug) -fun day especially for kids aged 5 and under, their parents and carers. Full review.
- Hot Chocolate Festival at Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie (Fri 4 Aug – Thu 31 Aug) – 31 limited edition hot chocolates and hot chocolate tastings.