- River Rink Federation Square (Fri 21 Jul – Sun 23 Jul) – During the day views of the city and Yarra River form a dramatic backdrop for skaters and as nightfall arrives River Rink in Fed Square transforms into a fairyland of light and colour. Suitable for all ages.
- Slide, Skate and Chill (Fri 21 Jul – Thu 31 Aug) – undercover riverside ice rink and toboggan slide. Full review.
- Aladdin the Musical (Fri 21 Jul – Sun 22 Oct) – Disney film turned into lavish musical. Read the review.
- Disney on Ice presents Frozen (Sat 22 Jul – Sun 23 Jul) – ice skating spectacular with the full story of Frozen. Full review.
- Queen Street Plaza (Sat 22 Jul – Sun 23 Jul) – A place to sit, eat, have a drink and enjoy free family entertainment right in the heart of the city.
- Sunday Family Funday Munich Brauhaus (Sun 23 Jul) – mobile farm experience, face painter, kids’ entertainer and yummy food at Munich Brauhaus.
- Winter Night Market Queen Victoria Market (Wed 26 Jul) – best of winter food, design and theatrics to the market every Wednesday during winter. FULL REVIEW.
- Play Pod State Library of Victoria (Fri 21 Jul – 5 Sep) – Play Pod is the SLV’s program for children aged under 8 years with activities to read, create and play. There’s a new theme every season for Winter 2017 it’s inspired by Penguin Problems.
- Fiona Hall: Uneasy Seasons NGV (Fri 21 Jul – Sun 8 Oct) – interactive and immersive exhibition for children at NGV International. Full review.
NORTH / NORTH-EAST
- Pizzafest Preston (Fri 21 Jul – Sat 23 Jul) – vibrant, edgy and attractive venue offering Melbourne’s favourite food trucks on rotation, events and entertainment. FULL REVIEW.
- Gertrude St Projection Festival (Fri 21 Jul – Sun 30 Jul) – projection art illuminating the length of Gertrude Street. Full review.
- Batman Market (Sat 22 Jul) – best of Melbourne’s food, fresh produce and unique local products.
- Bug Lab Melbourne Museum (Fri 21 Jul – Oct) – exploring the world of bugs. Full review.
- National Geographic Photo Ark (Fri 21 Jul – 1 Oct) – exclusive photo exhibition is using the power of photography to inspire people to save animals before it’s too late.
- Diamond Valley Railway (Sun 23 Jul) – miniature railway and two adventure playgrounds. Full review.
- Christmas in July Melbourne Museum (Tue 25 Jul) – peruse the new Melbourne Museum Shop, enjoy a complimentary drink on arrival and look out for our special guest appearances.
- University of Melbourne Farmers Market (Wed 26 Jul) – Enjoy the atmosphere of a sunny picnic with the integrity of an accredited farmers’ market!
SOUTH / SOUTH-EAST / BAYSIDE
- Luna Park Hot Dog Eating Competition (Sat 22 Jul) – annual Hot Dog Eating Competition.
- Hank Marvin Market (Sat 22 Jul) – weekly Saturday market with awesome playground at Alma Park.
- Mornington Railway (Sun 23 Jul) – Climb aboard the Mornington Railway steam train for a fun-filled outing.
- Dandenong Market Christmas in July (Sun 23 Jul) – Indulge in delicious Christmas fare, meet Santa, sing along with carollers and more!
- Fairy Petunia South Melbourne Market (Wed 20 Jul) – free storytelling, drawing, face painting, games, bubbles and more.
- Djuki Mala (Fri 21 Jul – Fri 28 Jul) – Unique, infectious, high-energy and always exuberant, Djuki Mala fuse traditional Yolngu and contemporary pop culture, dance and storytelling to create work that is a marvel of timing, comedy and clowning with a hefty dose of heart and soul.
- MAP 57 St Kilda (Fri 21 Jul – Sun 30 Jul) – St Kilda’s favourite “triangle” will be converted into a glittering entertainment venue this winter, playing host to a pop up ice rink, comedy, theatre, music, food stalls, carnival rides and more.
- Dance X Lilydale (Fri 21 Jul – 30 July) – Chose your own dance adventure in this enthralling exhibition. Travel to unique places within the shire through captivating virtual play spaces.
- Eastland ice skating & events (Fri 21 Jul – 31 Aug) – undercover ice skating, workshops.
- All For Kids Market Watsonia (Sat 22 Jul) – preloved and boutique babies market.
- Melbourne Tram Museum (Sat 22 Jul) – Visit a Melbourne icon at this quirky museum. FULL REVIEW.
- Mooroolbark Miniature Railway (Sun 23 Jul) – miniature rail running every 4th Sunday.
- Yarra Valley Railway (Sun 23 Jul) – take a trip on the historic Walker RM22 Railmotor from Healesville to Tunnel Hill. Full review.
- Little Red Train Werribee (Fri 22 Jul – Sun 24 Jul) – take a trackless train ride through picturesque Werribee Park. FULL REVIEW.
- LightTime Scienceworks (Fri 21 Jul onwards) – a collective of 11 Melbourne based artists who have created hypnotic and mesmerising works. Full review.
- Winter Wonderlights Sovereign Hill (Fri 21 Jul – Sun 30 Jul) – Christmas in July with snow falls, carols and projections. Full review.
- Essendon Traffic School (Sat 22 Jul) – mini road set up for kids aged two to ten years, complete with road signs, railway bells and traffic lights.
- Bulldogs Go Green (Sat 22 Jul) – join the Footscray Bulldogs as they Go Green at Whitten Oval with free sausage sizzle, games, giveaways.
- Ladies Charm Day Overnewton Castle (Sat 22 Jul) – Young Ladies Charm School with morning tea, Afternoon Tea with a sip of manners and Hollywood Glamour styling masterclass with afternoon tea.
- Reuse It Baby! Market (Sun 23 Jul) – Bubs, kids & mums second hand, recycled & new gear. Sausage sizzle, community fundraising cake stall plus Jeremy’s spiffy coffee cart.
- Mastermind Highpoint (Mon 24 Jul) – free creative workshops for kids.