The Big Freeze features an affordable snow play experience plus heaps of other wintery activities that will keep the kids amused while sheltered under cover. This year there’s also a free Community Precinct open daily from 9am – 5pm with daily stage shows, food vendors, craft with Phillip Island Nature Parks, soccer and sampling with Milo.
Unlike last year The Big Freeze this year allows snow play any time during your 2.5 hour entry session.
However, Lady AB runs at the first sight of a snowball and heads to the Castle and Cubby ‘snow village’ for imagination play…
….has multiple goes of the snow slide/jumping castle…
…does some of the craft activities…
…races other kids in the Kids Challenge….
…and becomes a Circus Star in the circus circuit.
There’s so much to do that we don’t have time to try the ice slide – one for little ones, one for bigger people – the construction zone or Lego play.
The biggest queues are for the photo opportunity snow globe so maybe do it at the end only if you have time.
Note that each child’s ticket to The Big Freeze also includes a Phillip Island Three Park pass (valued at over $21.30), which includes the Penguin Parade, Antarctic Journey, Churchill Island Heritage Farm and Koala Conservation Centre. (Read our family-friendly guide to Phillip Island).
- Each session goes for 2.5 hours;
- dress for snow – coat, beanie, gumboots and gloves;
- Bring a change of clothing for after snow play or wear snow gear. Waterproof pants and gumboots are great for younger children as they will inevitably sit on their bottoms to play!;
- Ticket provides access to all the festival zones and activities for the rest of your visit;
- No box office sales will be available for sessions that have sold out;
- If you plan to purchase tickets at the gate, check the website and social media channels prior to leaving home to ensure that tickets are available that day;
- The site is next to Toys R Us/Lollipop Play Centre;
- free onsite parking available and you can get passouts to pickup/drop off snow gear;
- the entire festival is undercover;
- food and hot drinks are available on site, though you can bring a packed lunch.
The Big Freeze, Under the Big Top at Westfield Fountain Gate Shopping Centre Cnr Brechin Drive & Princes Highway
Saturday 1 July 2nd to Sunday 9 July
Community Precinct open daily from 9am – 5pm with FREE entry to the general public. Features include daily stage shows, food vendors, craft with Phillip Island Nature Parks, soccer and sampling with Milo.
Winter Festival runs three sessions daily: 9am – 11:30am, 12pm – 2:30pm, 3pm – 5:30pm
Child SuperPass to Winter Festival (includes 4 Park Pass to Phillip Island Nature Parks valued at $28.50) – $29.50.
All Adults (13+yrs) at concession prices – $19 (includes access to snow pit)
Tiny Tots (12mths – 23mths) – $19 (includes access to snow pit)
Family (2A + 2C) – $92
Family (2A + 3C) – $117
Group Bookings – Pay for 10 children, get 4 adults for free
Late Play Discounts – save $5 per ticket for the afternoon session on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday