We are invited to the launch and have a great time trying out the whole Skate Slide Chill experience, starting with skating on the undercover ice rink, sliding down the toboggan slide and relaxing in the chill out zone with food and drinks from the kiosk.
Each skate and slide session lasts for 45 minutes and begins on the hour, every hour. The session fee includes skate hire and helmets for children. They have skates for kids from 3+ years and little kangaroos for kids to ride or balance on while they’re learning to skate.
If you’re not keen on skating yourself but still need to supervise a child under 5s then you grab some rubber shoe grips that allow you to walk safely on the ice rink with your shoes. Lifesaver!
The toboggan slide is short and sharp. Beware it can be frightening for little kids as it’s not very high but faster than you expect. Normally fearless Baby 2.0 is pretty freaked out by his experience.
For refreshments the kids naturally love the pies, sausage rolls, hot dogs and jam doughnuts.
Adults can imbibe in Absolut cocktails, mulled wine, Seppelt wines and Lavazza coffee.
You can also book a table to dine in The Common Man restaurant or other South Wharf restaurants. Restaurants are offering dinner and drink specials or you can add a $25 dinner voucher with a value of $30 when purchasing your skate session tickets.
There’s a rotating range of activities taking place including Discount Mondays (50% off tickets if you join the database), Teach Me Tuesdays (free curling lesson 8-9pm), Date Night Thursdays, RnB night Fridays and Funday Sundays (kids receive a free candy bar treat and face painting from 2-4pm).
- Book ahead to ensure the timeslot you need;
- Skating/Slide sessions last 45 minutes and begin on the hour, every hour.
- Tickets grant access to both the skating rink as well as toboggan slide during the 45-minute session;
- Be dressed for ice skating and toboggan sliding – that means beanies, hats, scarves, dry socks and probably a full change of clothes;
- On Sundays with every children’s ticket purchase, receive a free treat from the candy bar. Face painting will also be available from 2-4pm with a gold coin donation;
- Minimum age 3yo;
- Book a $30 dinner voucher for $25 to use at surrounding restaurants when purchasing your skate session.
Skate Slide Chill, Common Man Lawn, 39 Dukes Walk, South Wharf
Thursday 1 June – Sunday 31 August
Monday to Wednesday: 5-9pm
Thursday & Friday: 4-10pm
School holidays (Fri 30 Jun – Sun 15 Jul)
Monday to Wednesday: 12-9pm
Thursday & Friday: 12-10pm
Queen’s Birthday: 12-10pm
Kids (6-14) $18.50
Kids (3-5) $15
2 Adults 2 Kids $69
1 Adults 2 Kids $52
Group Pricing: Booking of 10 $210