Luckily Brisbane experiences balmy weather for most of the year which means you can enjoy Aquativity in almost any season (though admittedly my kids are much hardier than me about cold water!).
Integrated into the large pool system are jets galore, from small ones bubbling in arches, tall ones spurting high and a dump bucket.
There are also play elements referencing the Brisbane River and its suburbs, the native mullet and dugong species and the interesting pattern of the river catchments.
The pool is about waist-height for 5yo Lady AB so will be too deep for babies.
There are very shallow areas suitable for young children and the map area with its constantly flowing water and small spouts is perfect for crawlers.
The site and surrounding areas also provide barbeques, cafe, picnic areas, public toilets and drinking fountains.
- get there early and set up home base in one of the pavilions than sit between Aquativity and the Streets Beach so you can supervise both areas easily;
- Aquatic areas are suitable for babies, toddlers and older children;
- Bring your own bathers – children under 10 have to be actively supervised and children under 5 needs to be within arms reach. You’ll need to get into the water!;
- Lifeguards patrol all areas;
- Pets are not allowed in the water;
- BBQs and picnic areas;
- Public toilets;
- Drinking fountains;
- South Bank is accessible by bus, train and car; and
- Nearest car-parking is at South Bank underground carpark.
Aquativity, South Bank, Brisbane
Open on weekends and school holidays from 10am until 5pm