Last weekend of the school holidays and a 4 day break for Easter! Stay safe, have fun and go easy on the chocolate :)
Don’t forget it’s also Nature Play Week – here’s the best 15 free events.
- Cooks’ Cottage Easter Adventure (Fri 14 Apr – Mon 17 Apr) – egg-cellent adventure of discovery these school holidays. Follow a trail of clues to find the answers and receive a treat upon completion.
- Good Friday Appeal Kids Day Out at Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (Fri 14 Apr) – giant roller-skating rink, laser skirmish, sports clinics, the popular Teddy Bear Hospital, kids cooking classes, rides, music and dancing and more.
- CPR Challenge at Crown (Fri 14 Apr) – family fun activities, the setting of a world record (most people trained in paediatric CPR in 6hrs, celebrity meet’n’greets with all proceeds for Melbourne’s Royal Children’s Hospital.
- Good Friday Appeal PJ O’Brien (Fri 14 Apr) – Bring the kids along for face painting and raffles, prizes & give aways throughout the day.
- Easter at Harbour Town (Fri 14 Apr – Sat 15 Apr) – Roaming Easter bunny all week plus join in the Easter Egg Hunt, and hop around collecting chocolate eggs. There are 20,000 chocolate Easter eggs to find in stores at Harbour Town Melbourne and under the Melbourne Star.
- Easter High Tea at The Westin (Fri 14 Apr – Mon 17 Apr) – Enjoy delicate finger sandwiches, classic scones and decadent, handcrafted treats including Easter egg vanilla cookies and chocolate carrot patch cups whilst you sip on the finest tea and coffee blends or glass of bubbles.
- Eureka Skydeck (Fri 14 Apr – Mon 17 Apr) – FREE Crayola Kids Zone filled with fun craft and drawing activities, including bunny-ear making and the opportunity to scribble on windows.
- Under 8s Ice Fun at O’Brien Arena (Fri 14 Apr – Mon 17 Apr) – A unique toddler experience in shoes or skates every day of the school holidays.
- Melbourne Gaol (Fri 14 Apr – Mon 17 Apr) – Come to the Old Melbourne Gaol these Easter Holidays to be locked up in the old Watch House and then sent to gaol.
- Melbourne International Comedy Festival (Fri 14 Apr – Sun 23 Apr) – comedy events for kids.
- The Very Big Laugh Out Loud at Federation Square (Fri 14 Apr – Sun 23 Apr) – Get a belly full of laughs at Fed Square with the Melbourne International Comedy Festival.
- Smurfs High Tea The Langham (Fri 14 Apr – Tue 25 Apr) – school holiday high tea especially for teens (but kids can still go!).
- Fiona Hall: Uneasy Seasons NGV (Fri 14 Apr – Tue 31 Oct) – new interactive and immersive exhibition for children at NGV International.
- Chocolate Food Truck Festival (Fri 14 Apr – Sun 16 Apr) – Get your sweet tooth ready for chocolate ice-cream, waffles, churros, shakes, donuts and cupcakes..
- Brickman Melbourne Museum (Fri 14 Apr – 7 May) – 50 awe-inspiring models on display at the ‘Wonders of the World’ exhibition. Full review.
- Melbourne Museum (Fri 14 Apr – Mon 17 Apr) – explore animal habitats, diversity, evolution and more in a series of hands on activities inspired by our very own Wild gallery.
- Zaatar Bakery Good Friday Appeal Coburg (Fri 14 Apr) – Knafeh Bakery, live music, raffles, face painting, a jumping castle and carnival games to raise money for Good Friday Appeal.
- Funfields Easter Egg Hunt (Sat 15 Apr) – Easter egg hunt, Easter bunny, character meet and greets.
- Nicholson Village Egg Hunt Trail (Sat 15 Apr) – Easter in Wonderland performance, Egg Hunt Trail, Miffy storytime.
- Beauty and the Beast IMAX (Wed 19 Apr) – baby-friendly screening of Beauty and the Beast at Melbourne Museum’s IMAX theatre.
SOUTH / SOUTH-EAST / BAYSIDE
- Climb for a Good Cause (Fri 14 Apr) – TunzaFun are donating $5 from every climb and $10 from every pack to the Good Friday Appeal.
- Frankston’s Good Friday Family Day (Fri 14 Apr) – rides, markets stalls and live entertainment.
- Lollipop’s Playland Good Friday Appeal Family Fun Day (Fri 14 Apr) – Visit a Lollipop’s Playland and your admission fee and any purchases from the cafe will be donated to the Good Friday Appeal!
- Good Friday Easter Egg Bonanza Green Olive at Red Hill (Fri 14 Apr) – free Easter egg hunts.
- Dandenong Market (Fri 14 Apr – Sun 16 Apr) – free kids craft workshops.
- Melbourne Easter Show Cranbourne (Fri 14 Apr – Mon 17 Apr) – rides, animal nursery and petting zoo, Easter egg hunt, showbag pavilion.
- The Big Goose Egg Scramble (Fri 14 Apr – Sun 16 Apr) – Easter egg hunt, egg and spoon race and more.
- Sandsational Easter Egg Hunt (Fri 14 Apr – Mon 17 Apr) – Hunt for sand carved Easter eggs & in return receive a bag of delicious chocolate eggs!
- Xtreme Easter Egg Hunt (Sat 15 Apr – Sun 16 Apr) – TunzaFun are hosting the most egg-treme Easter egg hunt in town! They’re hiding Easter eggs throughout our climbing arena and there will be some awesome prizes to be won.
- Caulfield Easter Cup Day (Sat 15 Apr) – Easter Egg Hunt, Kids activities at Caulfield Racecourse.
- Dinosaurus Weekend Dinosaur World (Sat 15 Apr – Sun 16 Apr) – face painting, trailer ride, dig and discover.
- Easter Fun Day at Rippon Lea (Sun 16 Apr) – Easter egg hunts, fun activities, outdoor games, picnics and house tours.
- Mornington Railway Easter Bunny Train (Sun 16 Apr) – Join the Easter bunny on board as you ride the rails through to Mornington Station.
- Luna Park Easter Egg Hunt (Sun 16 Apr) – Easter Egg Hunt, petting zoo, rides, face-painting.
- Nature Play at Yarran Dheran (Mon 17 Apr) – Pre-schoolers are invited to explore nature’s own playground at Yarran Dheran Bush Reserve.
- Box Hill Miniature Railway Charity Run (Fri 14 Apr) – ride this wonderful Miniature Railway, the track winds through the picturesque surrounds of Elgar Park. All proceeds to Royal Children’s Hospital. READ THE REVIEW.
- Chirnside Park Country Club (Fri 14 Apr) – Family Fun Day with Easter Bunny & Egg Hunt, jumping castle, face painting, live entertainment, and more.
- Easter at Eastland (Fri 14 Apr – Sun 16 Apr) – free cookie workshops, decorate an Easter egg, Easter egg hunt.
- Easter Family Fun with Free Egg Hunt at the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie (Fri 14 Apr – Mon 17 Apr) – free chocolate tastings and Easter egg hunts.
- Easter Hunt Blue Lotus Water Garden (Sat 15 Apr – Sun 16 Apr) – egg hunt for the kids in their new fairy garden.
- Easter Hunt Warratina Lavendar Farm (Sat 15 Apr – Sun 16 Apr) – All participants will receive different size eggs for coloured tokens collected.
- Easter Egg Hunt at SkyHigh Mt Dandenong (Sun 16 Apr) – As part of the annual Children’s Festival, Easter Sunday is all about an easter egg hunt with the easter bunny and farmyard zoo.
- Scienceworks (Fri 14 Apr – Mon 17 Apr) – Using neon straws and a simple joining technique, come and experiment with branching or forking shapes found in plants, trees and everywhere in nature.
- Werribee Zoo (Fri 14 Apr – Mon 17 Apr) – hang out with the hippos, meet their Keepers and enjoy the full African Safari experience.
- Easter Waurn Ponds (Fri 14 Apr – Mon 17 Apr) – all things Smurfs and Easter Bunny.
- Easter fun Sunshine Plaza (Fri 14 Apr – Sat 15 Apr) – meet the Easter bunny, petting zoo.
- Easter Fairy Park Anakie (Fri 14 Apr – Mon 17 Apr) – Easter Saturday, Sunday & Monday will feature assorted entertainment throughout the day including Easter Bunny visits.
- Easter Family Fun with Free Egg Hunt at Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie (Fri 14 Apr – Mon 17 Apr) – free chocolate tastings and Easter egg hunts.
- Bacchus Marsh EasterFest (Fri 14 Apr) – Easter egg hunts, games and entertainment, rides, mascots, food and market stalls. Raising money for Bacchus Marsh and Melton Regional Hospital.
- Bellarine Railway Easter Train (Fri 14 Apr – Mon 17 Apr) – musical entertainment, Easter egg cup activity, face painting, bring your own Easter Bonnet or Hat and of course there will an Easter egg hunt
- Giant Easter Egg Hunt at the Adventure Park Geelong (Sun 16 Apr) – Join Adventure Park Geelong for their Giant Easter Egg Hunt.
- Newport Lakes Bush Kids (Sun 16 Apr) – Multi aged nature based playgroup encouraging getting dirty, muddy and playing outside in all weather conditions.
- Altona Miniature Railway public day (Sun 16 Apr) – Every third Sunday of the month the Altona Miniature Railway is opened to members of the public and members take kids and adults on rides on the mini steam and diesel engines. READ THE REVIEW.
- Master Mind Highpoint (Mon 17 Apr) – creative workshops for kids including Book Swap Bike.