Vjunior is Australia’s first kid’s cinema experience and it’s located at Westfield Southland’s Village Cinema and Westfield Fountain Gate (from 30 June 2017).
Thirty minutes before movie screenings at Vjunior kids can play with Hot Wheels activity tables…
….a Mega Blocks wall…
and colouring in. A selection of kid’s artworks are projected onto the screen in the foyer and the big screen prior to the start of the movie.
You can also continue to do the activities after your movie if a subsequent screening is scheduled.
Then there’s the biggest surprise of all; a huge slide positioned right one side of the movie theatre. Yes that’s right, a slide IN the movie theatre! The slide is manned by a Village Cinemas’ staff member, and is locked up before the movie starts.
Within the Vjunior cinema you can choose to stretch out on a red lounge chair in the front row, sink into a yellow bean bag seat, or choose the more traditional cinema lounge chairs at the rear of the movie theatre.
If the movie is a full length animated feature then there is a 10 minute intermission. It’s a chance to stretch your legs, go to the toilet, grab some snacks from the Vjunior dedicated candy bar…and slip down the slide again!
Personally I think an intermission unnecessarily breaks up the movie-going magic, making it harder to settle kids down again afterwards and stretching out the movie even longer. But an intermission may be a useful feature if your kids get restless.
Vjunior combines movies and play for a fantastic cinema experience for kids. I highly recommend booking your tickets in advance, especially during school holidays, as there are only two Vjunior cinemas – one holds about 50 people and one holds about 100 people.
- Only some sessions of family movies are held at Vjunior cinema – check before you purchase your tickets;
- tickets are more expensive than standard movie tickets;
- Book tickets ahead as some sessions can sell out, especially during school holidays. There are only two Vjunior cinemas – one holds about 50 people and one holds about 100 people;
- it’s worth joining the Vrewards movie club (it’s free) to collect points on every Vjunior/Village Cinemas purchase which you can redeem for candy bar purchases and tickets; and
- Parking is free at Westfield Southland and Westfield Fountain Gate.
Vjunior, Village Cinemas Westfield Southland, 1239 Nepean Hwy, Cheltenham 1300 555 400
From $16 to $24.50. Family packages available
Vjunior is opening on Friday June 30 at Village Cinemas Fountain Gate