What’s On – Friday 3 March to Thursday 9 March
It’s the first week of Autumn officially but the weather’s still HOT HOT HOT! Check out Melbourne’s newest water play playground plus other free places to enjoy water play.
CBD / Docklands
- Fun Run Flash Mob Workshop (Fri 3 Mar, Sun 5 Mar) – New mass participatory art event. Learn the moves at one of our free public workshops and become the Athenian Dancing Army!
- Moomba Parade Design Exhibition and Workshop (Fri 3 Mar – Mon 13 Mar) – see this years designs, check out mini models of past Moomba parade floats and take a selfie on the Moomba royal throne!design your own Moomba float and enter your ideas for consideration in the 2018 parade!
- Invisible Light Garden Artplay (Fri 3 Mar – Sun 26 Mar) – Discover the interaction between digital imagery and physical action in this interactive art installation. Full review.
- Play Pod State Library of Victoria (Fri 3 Mar – 31 May) – free play space inspired by Where is the Green Sheep. Full review.
- NGV Car Wash (Fri 3 Mar – April 2017) – enjoy a neon pink installation in the sculpture garden inspired by a car wash. FULL REVIEW.
- Family Footy Fun Zone Queen Victoria Market (Sat 4 Mar – Sun 5 Mar) – Every Saturday and Sunday until Easter the Vic Market’s A Shed near Victoria Street will be transformed into a footy extravaganza with inflatable kicking goals, a specky-marking zone, handball challenges, footy arts and crafts and more.
- Pirate Sunday Polly Woodside (Sun 5 Mar) – Dress as a pirate and come help us search for hidden treasure, play tug of war and have your face painted.
- Queen Victoria Night Market (Wed 8 Mar) – Eat and drink your way around the world one dish at a time with more than 50 street food traders cooking up a global feast plus specialty shopping and entertainment.
NORTH / NORTH-EAST
SOUTH / SOUTH-EAST / BAYSIDE
- Feast at Frankston Waterside (Fri 3 Mar – Sun 5 Mar) – Hawker style market with Asian inspired street food, kids activities and rides.
- Burrinja Kids Stay and Play (Fri 3 Mar – 31 Mar) – free family activity by local studio artist Andrea Innocent
- Hank Marvin Market (Sat 4 Mar) – weekly Saturday market with awesome playground at Alma Park.
- Knox Festival (Sat 4 Mar – Sun 5 Mar) – Circus to flip your tummy, a re-enactment village to send you back in time, interactive digital hubs, indigenous reptiles and live stages thriving with home grown talent.
- Mordialloc Food Wine and Music Festival (Sat 4 Mar – Sun 5 Mar) – local festival offers a wide range gourmet food vendors, wine, microbrewed beer, blues and jazz music across two stages. Lots of children’s activities, market stalls.
- Sandsculpting Frankston Waterfront (Fri 3 Mar – Tue 25 Apr) -Twenty sculptors carve out themed sculptures from the sand.
- Babes to Kids Market Caribbean Gardens (Fri 3 Mar) – new and preloved baby gear, free train rides and face painting.
- Yarra Street Food Fest (Fri 3 Mar – Sun 5 Mar) – music, food trucks, Mountain Goat bar.
- Play School Live in Concert Ringwood and Burwood (Sat 4 Mar – Sun 5 Mar) – concert features songs, games and stories, presented by two Play School presenters, along with the real stars of the show the toys.
- Glenferrie Festival (Sun 5 Mar) – Free rides, petting zoo and reptile handling, face painting, craft, buskers.
- Yarra Valley Railway (Sun 5 Mar) – take a trip on the historic Walker RM22 Railmotor from Healesville to Tunnel Hill.
- Diamond Valley Railway (Sun 5 Mar) – miniature railway with playground next door. Full review
- 5 Rhythms Dance Footscray (Fri 3 Mar) – drop-in music and dance class for under 5s. READ THE REVIEW.
- Wyndham Green Living Series (Fri 3 Mar – Sun 31 Mar) – free events, tours, workshops around green living.
- Summer Sounds Hobsons Bay (Fri 3 Feb) – free family-friendly music concerts in Hobsons Bay.
- Shakespeare in the Park (Fri 3 Feb – Sun 5 Mar) – family friendly outdoor performance of The Tempest in Pipemakers Park.
- Little Red Train Werribee (Fri 3 Mar – Sun 5 Mar) – Explore Werribee Park via miniature train. Full review.
- Seddon Festival (Sat 4 Mar) – food, wine, music; street performers, kids’ activities.
- Seddon Markers Market (Sat 4 Mar) – art and craft market showcasing local artisans. Full review.
- Love It Again Babies Market (Sat 4 Mar) – preloved children’s products.
- Iramoo Community Centre Festival (Sat 4 Mar) – Market Stalls, Community stage, Free show bags, Cooking pizzas, jumping castle, animal farm, children’s entertainment and face painters
- Toddler Circus Footscray (Sat 4 Mar) – learn circus skills with aerials, balances, circus circuits and games. READ THE REVIEW.
- Wallington Strawberry Fair (Sun 5 Mar) – live music, market stalls, local food and wine, fun children’s activities and most importantly, delicious, succulent strawberries.
- Bulla Hill Railway (Sun 5 Mar) – Every 1st and 3rd Sunday the ride this the dinosaur trail on the miniature railway. FULL REVIEW
- Mastermind Highpoint (Mon 6 Mar) – fully supervised and free program offering exciting activities for kids every Monday.
- Little Kids’ Day In Scienceworks (Mon 6 Mar) – A special day featuring activities and shows for kids aged 5 and under, their parents and carers. Full review.
- Toddl’Art FCAC (Wed 8 Mar) – toddler art classes for drop-in. READ THE REVIEW.
- Little Kids Big Day Out (Thu 9 Mar) – free event with sports activities, face painting, craft, jumping castle, circus, workshops, storytime.
LEAVE A COMMENT