Last week of March and so many fun things to do!
This week you’ll find me at CycleStyle x Habitots pop up‘s final days, taking a free bike tour as part of WOW Women of the World Festival 2017 (spaces still available) and turning Barkly Street into a colourful play street as part of the West Footscray Festival of Colours!
CBD / Docklands
- Korea Festival (Fri 24 Mar – Sun 26 Mar) – celebrate Korean culture with food, displays, demonstrations and Kpop.
- Invisible Light Garden Artplay (Fri 24 Mar – Sun 26 Mar) – Discover the interaction between digital imagery and physical action in this interactive art installation. Last weekend Full review.
- Play Pod State Library of Victoria (Fri 24 Mar – 31 May) – free play space inspired by Where is the Green Sheep. Full review.
- NGV Car Wash (Fri 24 Mar – April 2017) – enjoy a neon pink installation in the sculpture garden inspired by a car wash. FULL REVIEW.
- Family Footy Fun Zone Queen Victoria Market (Sat 25 Mar – Sun 26 Mar) – Every Saturday and Sunday until Easter the Vic Market’s A Shed near Victoria Street will be transformed into a footy extravaganza with inflatable kicking goals, a specky-marking zone, handball challenges, footy arts and crafts and more.
- Victoria’s Multicultural Festival (Sat 25 Mar) – fun-filled program of music, dance, film and activities throughout the day to entertain people of all ages.
- Fed Square Book Market (Sat 25 Mar) – Anna Walker will be showing the developmental work for her latest picture book Florette, published by Penguin Books.
- One Beat One Love African Community Festival (Sun 26 Mar) – celebrate African-Australian culture with live performances, art, food and more at Immigration Museum.
- Queen Victoria Night Market (Wed 29 Mar) – Eat and drink your way around the world one dish at a time with more than 50 street food traders cooking up a global feast plus specialty shopping and entertainment. Last week.
- Cerita Anak Arts Centre Melbourne (Thu 30 Mar – Sun 2 Apr) – children’s interactive performance based on Java’s seafaring heritage and true story.
NORTH / NORTH-EAST
- Community Street Festival Fitzroy (Fri 24 Mar) – live music in the park, BBQ and street food
- Warrandyte Festival (Fri 24 Mar – Sun 26 Mar) – enjoy the duck race, billy cart derby, great live music and fabulous festival fare.
- Carribean Food Truck Jam Preston (Fri 24 Mar – Sun 26 Mar) – Caribbean pop up vendors, Melbourne’s favourite food trucks, holiday island vibes, reggae tunes and flowing ice-cold beer.
- Nearly a Vet Convention Little Bookroom (Sat 25 Mar) – meet author Rebecca Johnson, receive Nearly a Vet kit.
- Batman Market (Sat 25 Mar) – food trucks, free entertainment, jumping castle every Saturday until April. FULL REVIEW.
- CERES Harvest Festival (Sat 25 Mar) – food stalls, music, workshops, competitions.
- Come Together Festival Eltham (Sat 25 Mar) – family-friendly music and arts festival.
- Darebin Community and Kite Festival (Sun 26 Mar) – free entertainment all day, community stalls, roving performers, an international food court and loads of free activities for the whole family.
- Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show (Wed 29 Mar – Sun 2 Apr) – includes children’s area and cubby house design challenge.
- Eltham Twilight Market (Thu 30 Mar) – Eltham Town Square will come alive with handmade goodies, and thoughtful gifts, music and so much more.
SOUTH / SOUTH-EAST / BAYSIDE
- Rainbow Unicorn party Habitots (Fri 24 Mar) – Boys and girls will be delighted as our entertainer plays games, music and gets making with rainbows & unicorns!
- Burrinja Kids Stay and Play (Fri 24 Mar – Fri 31 Mar) – free family activity by local studio artist Andrea Innocent.
- Hank Marvin Market (Sat 25 Mar) – weekly Saturday market with awesome playground at Alma Park.
- Pets in the Park Malvern East (Sun 26 Mar) – family fun with competitions, expert talks, races and stalls.
- Ventana Fiesta at Frankston (Fri 24 Mar– Sat 8 Apr) – month of free family friendly activities celebrating Latin American, Spanish and Portuguese cultures.
- Sandsculpting Frankston Waterfront (Fri 24 Mar – Tue 25 Apr) -Twenty sculptors carve out themed sculptures from the sand.
- Celebrate Mooroolbark Festival (Fri 24 Mar – Sun 26 Mar) – street parade, youth zone, fashion parade, talent quest.
- Melbourne Tram Museum (Sat 25 Mar) – Visit a Melbourne icon at this quirky museum. FULL REVIEW.
- Yarra Valley Railway (Sun 26 Mar) – take a trip on the historic Walker RM22 Railmotor from Healesville to Tunnel Hill.
- Diamond Valley Railway (Sun 26 Mar) – miniature railway with playground next door. Full review
- WOW Women of the World Festival (Thu 23 Mar – Sat 26 Mar) – 3 day festival celebrating women with free family friendly events.
- Wyndham Green Living Series (Fri 24 Mar – Sun 31 Mar) – free events, tours, workshops around green living.
- Little Red Train Werribee (Fri 24 Mar – Sun 27 Mar) – Explore Werribee Park via miniature train. Full review.
- The Very Big Laugh Out West (Sat 25 Mar) – MICF’s free, family outdoor program is stepping out of its inner-city home for the first time and in to the heart of Footscray!
- Toddler Circus Footscray (Sat 25 Mar) – learn circus skills with aerials, balances, circus circuits and games. READ THE REVIEW.
- Altona Gate craft workshops (Sat 25 Mar – Sun 26 Mar) – free craft workshops every weekend in March.
- West Footscray Festival of Colours (Sun 26 Mar) – Face painting, jumping castles and craft activities, the Little Wooden Caravan, neon photo booth.
- Lara Food and Wine Festival (Sun 26 Mar) – Cooking demonstrations, photo exhibition, kids activities.
- Mediterranean Fiesta East Keilor (Sun 26 Mar) – cooking demonstrations, dancing, performances, and activities for both adults and kids.
- Open Williamstown (Sun 26 Mar) – Various private homes and venues in Williamstown are celebrating the unique architecture and history of Williamstown.
- Little Buddies Toy Library Open Day (Mon 27 Mar) – opportunity for you to mix with other families, have a play date and learn about the Little Buddies Toy Library.
- Mastermind Highpoint (Mon 27 Mar) – fully supervised and free program offering exciting activities for kids every Monday.
- Brimbank Families and Childrens Expo (Tue 28 Mar) – story-time, aboriginal art experiences, animal farm and a sausage sizzle!
- Toddl’Art FCAC (Wed 29 Mar) – toddler art classes for drop-in. READ THE REVIEW.