The Messy Shed is every parent and child’s come true. During each 45 minute session kids have fun playing with paint, mud, water and craft materials – and parents relax knowing that they don’t have to clean up!
Every week is a different theme and for our visit it is all about Creepy Crawlies, so bugs abound.
Having said that, Baby 2.0 is most fascinated by the glass-cleaning station and the pegboard with ball run.
I particularly like the magnetic wall where various pipes can be stuck together to create a different sort of ball run experience.
Kids can also get messy searching for bugs, sifting through a sensory play table based on The Hungry Caterpillar or just go wild with the paint wall.
The real highlight of the morning is walking away from all the paint and dirt and foam, knowing that Baby 2.0 has had fun but I don’t have to clean up.
If you want to extend you play there is a small play centre attached to The Messy Shed which attracts a separate $7 charge (or $5 combined with The Messy Shed).
- Each session runs for 45 minutes;
- Session times are 9.30am and 11.15am daily;
- Sessions are $10 per child;
- Bookings are recommended though it is possible to drop-in subject to availability;
- Aprons are provided but best to pack a change of clothes for everyone;
- Dress your children in old clothes and shoes that they can get messy;
- There’s a cafe onsite though note it can be very busy before and after The Messy Shed sessions; and
- free parking on site.
The Messy Shed, Factory 4 and 5, 1 Watt Rd, Mornington (03) 5975 2080
Daily 9.15am and 11.15am
45 minute session $10
Play centre $7 separate entry or $5 combined with The Messy Shed