Lots of fun this week with festivals, outdoor cinema and for one night only, White Night Melbourne!
CBD / Docklands
- Victoria Harbour Pop Up Cinema (Fri 17 Feb) -free open-air cinema, Park Cinema, popping up at Victoria Harbour’s Buluk Park.
- Invisible Light Garden Artplay (Fri 17 Feb – Sun 26 Mar) – Discover the interaction between digital imagery and physical action in this interactive art installation. Full review.
- QV Outdoor Cinema (Fri 17 Feb – Sun 26 Feb) – live entertainment, free cocktails, special food, red carpets, instafamous dogs, charity screenings, a film festival and more.
- Play Pod State Library of Victoria (Fri 17 Feb – Tue 28 Feb) – free play space inspired by Herman and Rosie. Full review.
- Viktor & Rolf For Kids NGV (Fri 17 Feb – Sun 26 Feb) – interactive children’s gallery exhibition developed by designers Viktor & Rolf. FULL REVIEW.
- NGV Car Wash (Fri 17 Feb – April 2017) – enjoy a neon pink installation in the sculpture garden inspired by a car wash. FULL REVIEW.
- White Night Melbourne (Sat 18 Feb – Sun 19 Feb) – 12 hours of non-stop light installations and art in the CBD.
- Family Footy Fun Zone Queen Victoria Market (Sat 18 Feb – Sun 19 Feb) – Every Saturday and Sunday until Easter the Vic Market’s A Shed near Victoria Street will be transformed into a footy extravaganza with inflatable kicking goals, a specky-marking zone, handball challenges, footy arts and crafts and more.
- Summer Pirate Adventure Harbour Town (Sat 18 Feb – Sun 19 Feb) – Neverland Adventure Experience and Pirate Craft Village. Full review.
- Sustainable Living Festival (Fri 17 Feb – Tue 28 Feb) – Earth-lovin’ activities including workshops, DIY-days, pop-ups and markets in both central and outer Melbourne.
- NGV Summer Sundays (Sun 19 Feb) – free family friendly concerts in the NGV Sculpture Garden.
- Queen Victoria Night Market (Wed 22 Feb) – Eat and drink your way around the world one dish at a time with more than 50 street food traders cooking up a global feast plus specialty shopping and entertainment.
NORTH / NORTH-EAST
- Twilight Supper Market Abbotsford Convent (Fri 17 Feb) – live music, children’s activities and food every Friday night until 24 Feb.
- Indian Street Food Preston Food Truck Park (Fri 17 Feb – Sun 19 Feb) -dancers, henna artists, Indian music and classic bollywood flicks.
- Zoo Twilights (Fri 17 Feb – 11 Mar) – concert series provides the perfect summer night of entertainment for all ages across Friday and Saturday evenings until 11 Mar.
- Batman Market (Sat 18 Feb) – food trucks, free entertainment, jumping castle every Saturday until 25 Feb. FULL REVIEW.
- Fairfield Summer Series (Sun 19 Feb) – exotic sounds, amazing circus and cultural dance from around the globe every Sun until 26 Feb.
- Swagger Child Design Market (Sun 19 Feb) – children’s style and design market.
- Meet the Authors The Little Bookroom (Wed 22 Feb) -An opportunity for readers and writers in primary school to hear from four of Australia’s best writers about their existing work, and an exclusive preview of what’s coming out later in the year.
SOUTH / SOUTH-EAST / BAYSIDE
- Burrinja Kids Stay and Play (Fri 17 Feb – 31 Mar) – free family activity by local studio artist Andrea Innocent
- Gasworks Farmers Market (Sat 18 Feb) – monthly farmers market. Stop off at kid-friendly cafe Priscilla Jones afterwards.
- Hank Marvin Market (Sat 18 Feb) – weekly Saturday market with awesome playground at Alma Park.
- Como House Tours (Sat 18 Feb – Sun 19 Feb) – A Como house tour offers a glimpse into the privileged lifestyle of former owners, the Armytage family, who lived there for nearly a century.
- Sandsculpting Frankston Waterfront (Fri 17 Feb – Tue 25 Apr) -Twenty sculptors carve out themed sculptures from the sand.
- Party in the Park at Princes Park (Sun 1921 Feb) – A day of free entertainment for the whole family.
- Summer Sessions Rippon Lea (Sun 19 Feb) – Spend Sunday afternoons trying your hand at croquet, bocce or quoits, listening to live music or simply pulling up a rug on the shady lawn of Rippon Lea every Sunday until 12 March.
- Summer Sundays by the Pool (Sun 19 Feb) – Join resident DJ Mike Gurrieri and special guests for a mixture of laidback soul, funk, jazz and world music grooves
- St Kilda Twilight Market (Thu 23 Feb) – artworks, vintage wear, craft, hand designed fashion and jewellery, exotic clothes, produce, emerging designers and foods of the world.
- South Melbourne Night Market (Thu 23 Feb) – street food, copious stalls, eclectic entertainment and music every Thursday night until 23 Feb. Full review.
- Free movie Night Maroondah (Fri 17 Feb) – free outdoor family movies.
- Yarra Street Food Fest (Fri 17 Feb – Sun 19 Feb) – music, food trucks, Mountain Goat bar.
- Summer Music Booroondarra (Sat 18 Feb) – series for music lovers of all ages in Booroondara’s parks every Sat until 18 Feb.
- Yarra Valley Railway (Sun 19 Feb) – take a trip on the historic Walker RM22 Railmotor from Healesville to Tunnel Hill.
- Box Hill Miniature Railway (Sun 19 Feb) – Every 3rd Sunday the ride this wonderful Miniature Railway, the track winds through the picturesque surrounds of Elgar Park. READ THE REVIEW.
- Diamond Valley Railway (Sun 19 Feb) – miniature railway with playground next door. Full review
- Ice Cream Festival Yarra Valley Chocolaterie (Fri 17 Feb – Sun 19 Feb) – 144 special flavours of ice cream with tastings. Full review.
- 5 Rhythms Dance Footscray (Fri 17 Feb) – drop-in music and dance class for under 5s. READ THE REVIEW.
- Shadowfax Friday Nights (Fri 17 Feb) – enjoy dinner, latest release wines and live music.
- Summer Sounds Hobsons Bay (Fri 17 Feb – Sat 18 Feb) – free family-friendly music concerts in Hobsons Bay.
- Shakespeare in the Park (Fri 17 Feb – Sun 19 Feb) – family friendly outdoor performance of The Tempest in Pipemakers Park.
- Little Red Train Werribee (Fri 17 Feb – Sun 19 Feb) – Explore Werribee Park via miniature train. Full review.
- Ice Cream Festival Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie (Fri 17 Feb – Sun 19 Feb) – 144 special flavours of ice cream with tastings. Full review.
- Essendon Traffic School (Sat 18 Feb) – Essendon Traffic School is a mini road set up for kids aged two to ten years, complete with road signs, railway bells and traffic lights.
- Toddler Circus Footscray (Sat 18 Feb) – learn circus skills with aerials, balances, circus circuits and games. READ THE REVIEW.
- Rhythm of Africa Werribee Open Range Zoo (Sat 18 Feb) – live music, African-inspired food, dancing, drumming and kids’ activities. READ THE REVIEW.
- Bulla Hill Railway (Sun 19 Feb) – Every 1st and 3rd Sunday the ride this the dinosaur trail on the miniature railway. FULL REVIEW
- Chevron Market (Sun 19 Feb) – childrens and babies market and small businesses by mums.
- Kensington Market (Sun 19 Feb) – eclectic mix of fresh produce, designer fashion, jewellery and visual art creations, vintage, retro and antiques.
- Altona Miniature Railway (Sun 19 Feb) – Every third Sunday of the month the Altona Miniature Railway is opened to members of the public and members take kids and adults on rides on the mini steam and diesel engines. READ THE REVIEW.
- The Colour Club Highpoint (Mon 20 Feb) – fully supervised and free program offering exciting activities for kids every Monday.
- Playtime at Wyndham Village (Tue 21 Feb) – every Tuesday from 10am to 11.30am, activities are set up for children and their families to enjoy together, with the support of Early Childhood Educators.
- Toddl’Art FCAC (Wed 22 Feb) – toddler art classes for drop-in. READ THE REVIEW.