As the theatre is undergoing renovations this class is held in Port Melbourne Town Hall. From the moment we enter it is an extremely fun and energetic atmosphere.
As well as the show the children learn how to dance and rap and even get the chance to do some arts and crafts and create their own superhero masks, shields and cuffs that they are able to take home. Parents and carers were welcomed to join in the fun for free.
During 90 minutes the kids participate in a three stage workshop and come together for the finale where they get to use their new superpowers to help save the day!
If you are looking for some great entertainment these school holidays Gasworks is holding other holiday activities on Friday 27 January at Gasworks Arts Park 21 Graham Street, Albert Park. Prices start at $25 per child and the programs include make Australian animals out of clay, fencing, magic, wand making, Van Gogh sun flower painting and Bollywood hula-hoop dancing.
If you’re visiting Gasworks also drop into the kid-friendly cafe Priscilla Jones and check out Elizabeth Taylor: Queen of Celebrity Activism exhibition – it’s free and family friendly, open till Sunday 5 February.
Gasworks will be running Autumn school holiday activities from 14 April. For more information or to book head to www.gasworks.org.au ( 03) 8606 4202
Thanks to Tanya Husnu for her guest post! Tanya is a mother of five children and you can follow her adventures @melbaustralia.
- There is ample metered parking on Bay Street however there is limited free 2 hour parking on Heath Street.
- Just a short walk from number 109 tram stop
- Once you arrive you will need to attend the cashier desk to go to the performance as it is up on level one.
- There is lift access for wheelchairs and prams;
- There are many great cafes and eateries just a stroll down Bay Street;
- If you’re visiting Gasworks also drop into the kid-friendly cafe Priscilla Jones and check out Elizabeth Taylor: Queen of Celebrity Activism exhibition until 5 Feb.
Superhero Training Academy, School holidays at Gasworks Arts Park, Port Melbourne Town Hall, 333 Bay St, Port Melbourne