The hottest ticket for toddlers and preschoolers this summer has got to be the new Peppa Pig interactive experience Peppa Pig Playdate! We got a sneak peek of the set today and Lady AB said ‘this place is so fun, I never want to leave!’
Peppa Pig Playdate is even better than a traditional stage show because families can actually visit and experience many of the places that feature in the TV series and get close to their favourite characters.
You can visit Peppa’s house and help sort the recycling…
….’sail’ on the pond by riding little duck-themed trikes around…
….or if you’re under 3, play with some of the toys in the middle of the pond…
…ride on Grandpa’s train and wave to Peppa….
….or enjoy some quieter time with colouring-in, craft and a musical show starring Peppa Pig and George.
For my kids the highlight is the area where you can jump to your heart’s content in inflatable muddy puddles!
Young fans can have their photo taken with Peppa Pig during your timed ‘playdate’.
Peppa Pig Playdate tickets are already popular and a new date has just been released for Melbourne Wednesday 4 January. Don’t miss out!
- most suitable for kids 2+ years who are able to walk;
- pram parking available at front of entrance but not permitted inside;
- each timed session is 2 hours, which is about the right time for attention span and energy for little kids;
- on entry you are provided with a timed ‘playdate’ and location of playdate with Peppa Pig. BYO camera;
- ideally have 1 adult to 1 child ratio. There are different zones and many exciting things to do and I found it stressful trying to keep track of children as they ran in different directions!;
- there’s active and quiet play areas;
- you can BYO food and drink, there are a few picnic benches dotted around where you can sit;
- line up about 10 minutes before your scheduled playdate;
- toilets and change table facilities available; and
- take public transport to Southern Cross station then tram down to Spencer St.
Peppa Pig Playdate, Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, Southbank
Wednesday 4 to Monday 9 January Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre
Saturday 14 to Wednesday 18 January Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre
Wednesday 25 to Sunday 29 January International Convention Centre Sydney
Saturday 8 to Wednesday 12 April Perth Convention & Exhibition Centre
Thursday 20 to Sunday 23 April Adelaide Showgrounds