This Saturday also join me from 12-5pm for the free Think West Children’s Festival for workshops, market and the Book Swap Bike. Bring a book, swap a book and help us decorate our book nooks with your little and big ideas. Have a great week!
- Night Noodle Markets (Fri 11 Nov – Sun 27 Nov ) – all the sights, sounds and smells of an Asian hawker market plus the buzz, hype and vibe of a huge outdoor festival
- MPavilion (Fri 11 Nov – Sun 18 Dec) – An event hub, a meeting place and an invitation to experiment, each MPavilion brings creative collaborators together to present a free, four-month program of talks, workshops, performances and installations from October to February.
- Play Pod State Library of Victoria (Fri 11 Nov – Wed 30 Nov) – Play Pod is the SLV’s program for children aged under 8 years with activities to read, create and play. There’s a new theme every season and for Spring 2016 it’s inspired by Mr Chicken Arriva a Roma. READ THE REVIEW.
- The Art of Banksy (Fri 11 Nov – 8 Jan 2017) – More than 80 works will be on display, presenting the largest collection of Banksy artwork ever seen in Australia.
- Viktor & Rolf For Kids NGV (Fri 11 Nov – Sun 26 Feb) – interactive children’s gallery exhibition developed by designers Viktor & Rolf. FULL REVIEW.
- NGV Car Wash (Fri 11 Nov – April 2017) – enjoy a neon pink installation in the sculpture garden inspired by a car wash. FULL REVIEW.
- Smurfs Exhibition Harbour Town (Fri 11 Nov – Sat 24 Dec) – Meet Smurfette, Lazy Smurf, Clumsy Smurf, Papa Smurf, Painter Smurf and many more.
- Food Truck Rally Queen Victoria Market (Sat 12 Nov – Sun 13 Nov) – Every Saturday and Sunday, Queen Street is closed to traffic to make way for a fun, safe, family friendly activation space with buskers and food truck.
- Polish Festival at Federation Square (Sun 13 Nov) – Bringing a taste of Poland to Melbourne.
NORTH / NORTH-EAST
- Paul Jennings book launch (Sat 12 Nov) – Launch of The Unforgettable What’s His Name.
- Santa Greenborough Plaza (Sat 12 Nov) – Join Skye from Nick Jr.’s PAW Patrol and lots of other friends to welcome Santa and his helpers.
- Farmers Market at Collingwood Children’s Farm (Sat 12 Nov) – Shop local and seasonal produce and visit the Collingwood Children’s Farm for only $2 adult entry (kids free). FULL REVIEW.
- Wormwood Mire book launch (Sun 13 Nov) – entertainment, refreshments and book launch.
- Batman Market (Sat 12 Nov) – food trucks, free entertainment, jumping castle. FULL REVIEW.
- Brunswick Flea Market (Sun 13 Nov) – New and vintage furniture, household items and clothing.
- Diamond Valley Railway Eltham (Sun 13 Nov) – miniature railway and two adventure playgrounds.
- Christmas Elves Family Fun Day (Sun 13 Nov) – free Santa photos all day. We’ve also got some special Discounts available in store on the day, Face Painting, Balloonists, and Giveaways
- Mem Fox and Judy Horacek book launch (Thu 17 Nov) – attend a very special story time with this iconic duo. Listen to stories by Mem and Judy, ask your own questions, and enjoy the opportunity for a meet and greet and to have your book/s signed by both Mem and Judy.
SOUTH / SOUTH-EAST / BAYSIDE
- Taste of Melbourne at Albert Park (Thu 10 Nov – Sun 13 Nov) – Enjoy a foodie day out with stalls, workshops, entertainment.
- Santa’s Arrival Parade Fountaingate (Fri 11 Nov) – Join Santa, Mrs. Claus and over 15 of their friends at Santa’s magical night parade as he arrives in his sleigh.
- Knox Food Truck Carnival (Sat 12 Nov- Sun 13 Nov) – licensed food truck festival with kids entertainment.
- Hank Marvin Market (Sat 12 Nov) – weekly Saturday market with awesome playground at Alma Park.
- Dandenong Show (Sat 12 Nov – Sun 13 Nov) – carnival rides, animal competitions, live music, spectacular fireworks display.
- Lighting of Eastland Christmas Tree (Sat 12 Nov) – live performances, kids’ activities & a visit from Santa.
- Santa Westfield Doncaster (Sat 12 Nov) – parade then celebrating Santa’s new home at the Winter Wonderland with free activities.
- Santa Westfield Knox (Sat 12 Nov) – Special helpers, the Christmas angel, Mrs. Claus, festive flash mob and the marching band, Christmas craft.
- Yarra Valley Spring Festival (Sat 12 Nov) – Live music, kids activities, amazing food, street parade.
- Melbourne Tram Museum (Sat 12 Nov) – Visit a Melbourne icon at this quirky museum. FULL REVIEW.
- All for Kids Market Blackburn (Sat 12 Nov) – baby and kids market for boutique and pre-loved items.
- Eltham Festival (Sat 12 Nov – Sun 13 Nov) – music, food, kids activities.
- Yarra Valley Railway (Sun 13 Nov) – take a trip on the historic Walker RM22 Railmotor from Healesville to Tunnel Hill.
- Belgrave Big Dreams Market (Sun 13 Nov) – discover original and bespoke design pieces, some of the yummiest and freshest produce the area has to offer, live music, bouncy castle and facepainting for the kids.
- 5 Rhythms Dance Footscray (Fri 11 Nov) – drop-in music and dance class for under 5s. READ THE REVIEW.
- Toddler Circus Footscray (Sat 12 Nov) – circus class for 18 month -5 year olds. READ THE REVIEW.
- Pako Market Geelong (Sat 12 Nov) – selection of hand made wonders from local and other makers.
- Art Sauce Creative Workshop for Kids (Sat 12 Nov) – free arts classes for kids, bookings required.
- Essendon Traffic School (Sat 12 Nov) – Essendon Traffic School is a mini road set up for kids aged two to ten years, complete with road signs, railway bells and traffic lights.
- Think West Children’s Day (Sat 12 Nov) – free day of workshops and events including the Book Swap Bike.
- Dale Stables Open Day (Sat 12 Nov) – Find out more about the local icon through the historic displays, let the family join in the free children’s activities and grab a treat at the coffee cart.
- Holy Rosary Family Fun Day Kensington (Sat 12 Nov) – face painting, children’s Rides, live and Silent Auction, food, plants and flowers, 2nd hand clothing, books and toys, money tree and spinning wheel and more.
- Santa’s Arrival Melton (Sun 13 Nov) – Join Mr & Mrs Claus for a morning of festive fun including an exclusive Kids Club Breakfast and Santa’s Arrival Parade!
- Santa’s Arrival Werribee (Sun 13 Nov) – parade, photos and meet and greet with the Trolls.
- Reuse It Baby Market Newport (Sun 13 Nov) – Stallholders provide quality pre-loved and recycled items such as clothes, toys, shoes, books, prams & strollers.
Maribyrnong Sustainability Expo (Sun 13 Nov) – Featuring Sean Dooley with a bird walk n talk, The Rogue Ginger talking Zero Waste, Compost Community, sustainability at home, meet the Ranger and local environment groups, bike ride and community bike hub, smart gardening, children’s activities including story time picnic, face painting, recycled art and the official community launch of our Pipedreams sculpture.
- The Colour Club Highpoint (Mon 14 Nov) – fully supervised and free program offering exciting activities for kids every Monday.
- Toddl’Art FCAC (Wed 16 Nov) – toddler art classes for drop-in. READ THE REVIEW.
- Footscray Night Market (Thu 10 Nov) – street food, stalls, live music every Thu in November. READ THE REVIEW.