Father’s Day is this Sunday 4 September and if you haven’t already organised a special outing for Dad then here is a list of events and offers that are happening around Melbourne that day.
1. Roald Dahl Day – Celebrate the 100th anniversary of the birth of beloved children’s author Roald Dahl with a day full of fun, free events for the family, including an exhibition, workshops, face painting and more! Head to brunch or lunch at Pilgrim Bar, Riverland or ACMI Bar and Cafe.
2. Melbourne Aquarium – FREE Entry for Dad this Father’s Day when accompanied by a full paying customer, just download the voucher. Head to brunch or lunch at family-friendly eateries The Grain Store or Henry and the Fox nearby.
3. Melbourne Star – Dads fly FREE at the Melbourne Star on Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th September (with a full paying customer) and afterwards Dad can enjoy a free beer at the nearby Harbour Town Hotel.
4. The Langham – The popular Melba buffet, which already offers dad’s favourites including succulent roasts and seafood platters, will be adding an irresistible selection of dishes that are sure to be popular with fathers.
5. Father’s Day dining at Crown – special offers at various Crown restaurants.
6. National Gallery of Victoria – Children’s Gallery exhibition Fake Food Park closes next Sun 11 Sept and Degas: A New Vision closes Sun 18 Sept. Treat Dad to a long lunch at Garden Restaurant after spending time exploring the Gallery. The Father’s Day set menu of either two or three courses includes a glass of wine on arrival, petit fours, tea and coffee.
7. Special Pirate Day for Dads Polly Woodside – Let’s put those swashbuckling dads to work by getting them to scrub the decks!
8. Bundoora Park Farm – Urban farm presents an authentic farm experience with a variety of animals to touch and hold. Bring a picnic as the cafe’s not great.
9. Family Day at Collingwood Children’s Farm – enjoy Pony Rides , Tractor rides, Guinea Pig cuddles and an affordable BBQ with dad on Father’s Day. The Farm Cafe is also excellent though won’t take bookings.
10. Father’s Day Morning Bake Sale Oakridge Wines – Start the day with a bake sale in cellar door served with coffee and tea on the balcony and restaurant. You can also enjoy an opulent 3-course lunch created by Matt Stone featuring a special dish to spoil dad.
11. Breakfast and Lunch Buffet at SkyHigh – Treat your Dad on that one special day with a meal overlooking Melbourne City, Port Philip Bay, the Yarra Valley and beyond.
12. Heide Museum of Modern Art – Heide is currently hosting five exhibitions (including Sitelines: Natasha Johns Messenger) plus there are 16 acres of parkland and sculpture park to explore and delicious dining options at Cafe Vue.
13. Luna Park – Free sausage sizzle and free rides for dad when accompanied by one full paying child.
14. Chesterfield Farm – historical farm which is now a tourist/children’s farm. Take a picnic or BBQ on the grounds.
15. McClelland Gallery and Sculpture Park – enjoy the amazing sculpture park and lunch at the restaurant or BYO picnic.