Latitude is a huge trampoline park, climbing park and indoor play centre all rolled into one.
Until now I had visited as I had assumed that it was aimed at older kids. In fact they have a fantastic under 5s play area and I am invited to bring Baby 2.0 for a test run.
The Kids Zone is set out into three main sections.
There’s a gated padded area with an adventure playground structure complete with slides, ball pits and ride on toys.
The second section is a mini trampoline park…
…the third section is a mini climbing wall over a foam pit. Scrambling in and out of the foam pit is enough to tire out any toddler!
For parents there’s also a parents’ change room, bench seating and small tables and chairs to rest and pram parking.
The rest of the indoor site features trampolines (some of which are equipped with slow-motion cameras!), dodgeball, basketball lanes, a giant airbag, rock climbing walls, a 9m high bungee tower and flying fox, slack line and gladiator-style battle beam and a high ropes slack line obstacle course.
When you need a break there’s BaseCamp Cafe upstairs, with seating that provides expansive views over the whole arena. The menu includes hot dogs, salads, sandwiches, cakes and coffee, a step up from the standard indoor play centre fare.
On weekdays access to the Kids Zone is $10 for an unlimited period of time and Baby 2.0 thoroughly exhausts himself after an hour. On weekends, public holidays and school holidays access is $10 for 1 hour, with sessions starting on the hour.
One general session at Latitude goes for 60 minutes and costs $13-$19 (plus $2 for Latitude grip socks which are yours to keep). Booking online is recommended for busy periods such as weekends and school holidays. You can also buy multi-passes if you’re a frequent visitor.
Latitude is sure to be a hit with kids and parents. It’s a smooth operation, with a large range of activities in air-conditioned comfort, music at an appropriate level, scrupulously clean and fast service.
- Latitude holds kids parties and group/corporate event catering;
- Air-conditioning and heating inside;
- Free parking on site;
- Cafe on site;
- free open lockers for shoes in the central corridor plus some secure lockers ($2 per locker)
- General entry sessions are 60 minutes starting on the hour every hour
- Access to Kids Zone is unlimited;
- Kids Zone is only for children 5 years and under;
- Only children 110cm over can access the general play area;
- Latitude grip socks are required $2 and yours to keep;
- Enclosed shoes are required for climbing activities;
- Water fountains available.
Latitude, 590 Waterdale Road, Heidelberg West 1300 123 528
Mon 10:00 – 20:00
Tue -Thu 10:00 – 21:00
Fri – Sat 10:00 – 22:00
Sun 10:00 – 18:00