On Saturday 13 August and 20 August you can dress up, boogie to your favourite disco and dinosaur tunes and visit Jurassic World: The Exhibition at night.
We had a fantastic time on the dance floor – even my normally non-dancing, non-participatory kids surprised me by their disco fever!
As for the exhibition, as expected scaredy cat 5 year Lady AB was frightened out of her wits, whereas sanguine 3 year old Baby 2.0 was wide-eyed but not too scared. So whether the exhibition is suitable for your children is really up to you, it’s aimed at 5+ years.
The disco is open 6-8pm and exhibition sessions must be booked for 6-7pm. However, your actual entry time seems to be flexible if it’s not very busy. Exhibition entry is available every 15 minutes from 6:15pm.
Parking at Melbourne Musem is flat rate $7, though look out for Museum Victoria member specials. On our visit Museum Members received free parking with a validated ticket.
Jurassic Dinosaur Disco is a really fun family-friendly night out, with opportunities to play with glow sticks, dress up and to see a world-first exhibition with amazing animatronics. Don’t miss out!
- tickets available at the door but best to pre-book;
- ticket includes disco, glow sticks and entry into Jurassic World: The Exhibition;
- parking is easiest at Melbourne Museum, $7 flat rate;
- a small cafe/kiosk is open with snacks;
- if you’re wondering where we got our awesome dinosaur and dragon/pterodactyl dress ups, there were borrowed from our local toy library!
Jurassic Dinosaur Disco at Melbourne Museum, Nicholson St, Carlton
Saturday 13, 20 August 6 – 8pm
Adult $34, Child $22, Concession $26, Family (2 adults 2 children) $90, Child under 3 is free. Museum Members receive discounted tickets.
Best suited for children 5-10 years