AquaPulse Hoppers Crossing is a huge indoor aquatic and leisure centre with enough slipping, sliding and swimming to keep the kids entertained for hours.
We were invited by Experience Wyndham to visit Aquapulse in the middle of winter – which turns out to be a great time to go! It’s all indoors, undercover and heated and if you’re going to get wet, you might as well get really wet.
As you enter the gates the huge pool area is so impressive!
The Aquatic Playground features twin slides, two tube slides, water cannons, water spray features, tipping cones and a giant tipping bucket that creates a massive wash of water to the delighted shrieks of the kids waiting below.
There are two exciting waterslides (touted to be the biggest water slides in Victoria!) which snake their way outside the building. Lady AB and I didn’t go on them as they require a height minimum of 125cm. Note kids under 10 must still be accompanied by an adult.
During school holidays they also set up inflatables in the lap pools for kids to climb over. There are five pool in total, from 50m lap pool to warm water pool to soothe aching bones.
Besides the aquatic centre other facilities include a gym, sauna/spa/steam room, creche, kindergarten, osteopathy, shop and cafe. You can even host your birthday party at AquaPulse.
AquaPulse is a great way to spend a hot summer’s day or a cold winter’s afternoon, all for a very reasonable price. If your kids are adrenalin junkies and old enough for the waterslides then you could stay all day!
- BYO towels, bathers, goggles and other swimming gear;
- Every adult is provided with a wristband which you can use to access lockers;
- children under 10 are given a yellow wristband and must have an adult supervising no further than 2m away. Parents of children over 10 need to pay a spectator fee of $2.50 if they are not swimming;
- They are numerous of family change rooms right at the lockers;
- If you forget your towel they are available for $14.95. Shop also includes other necessities such as goggles, bathers etc;
- If you visit during the school holidays check the WynActive social media (FAcebook and Twitter) and website to find out if the centre has reached capacity before you leave home;
- Note that the aquatic playground and water slides do not operate at all times;
- facilities include a gym, sauna/spa/steam room, creche, kindergarten, osteopathy, shop and cafe; and
- Free on site parking though hard to find spots during peak times.
AquaPulse, 80-82 Derrimut Rd, Hoppers Crossing (03) 8734 5678
General opening hours
Mon-Thu 5:30am – 9pm
Fri 5:30am – 8pm
Sat 7am – 6pm
Sun 8am – 6pm
Monday to Thursday 9am – 8pm
Fridays 9am – 7:45pm
Saturday and Sunday 9am – 5:45pm
Slide Operating Hours
Monday to Friday 4pm – 7pm
Saturday and Sunday 10am – 5pm
Monday to Friday 10am – 7pm
Saturday and Sunday 10am – 5pm
AQUATIC ENTRY (GENERAL ADMISSION AND OFF PEAK ENTRY)
|Adult – off peak||$7.10|
|Adult – general admission||$9.10|
|Child/student/concession – off peak||$6.00|
|Child/student/concession – general admission||$7.70|
|Child under 3||FREE|
|Spectator – general admission||$2.50|
General admission times occur between:
|Monday to Friday||4pm to 8pm|
|Weekends and Public Holidays||10am to 6pm|
|School Holidays||10am to 8pm|